This Saturdays PIO / BRITVICS meet.

Bordy

I'm a bit worried after seeing this report online this evening.

Do you think it would be wise to postpone the meet up, what does everyone think.

"VICTORIANS have been warned to brace for wild weather this weekend with heavy rains and strong winds forecast.

A low pressure system moving across South Australaia is likely to hit Victoria tomorrow, bring rainfall, storms and strong wind.

The State Emergency Service said the worst of the storms are forecast for Saturday and urged Victorians to prepare their homes.

"As the low moves through the South East of the state, moderate to heavy rain is possible along with potentially strong winds," the SES said in a statement.

" This rain and wind is likely to pass over South West Victoria during the morning before moving towards the Central District (including Melbourne) on Saturday afternoon."

Hi Bordy,

The bad weather seems to be going to hit us on Sunday. We are still up for the meet (and have told some friends about it) so let us know quick! We can always stand there in the p***ing rain and pretend we are back in England! Ha! Ha!

Love Gill, Phil and Harry XXX

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Bordy

We have about 21 people who were going to come but not sure now with the weather, you know how unpredictable the weather forecast can be, but seeing the forcast you have copied above it may be a good idea not to cancel but to re arrange for another day.

Guest spottymercedes

What a shame to have to postpone it. I for one was really looking forward to it, but the weather does not look too good at all. I guess its better in the long run to wait for a better day than to have to pack up and leave early because of the weather. Its a shame though.

Ok guys, sorry but to many people calling off & weather does look grim.

We will cancel the meeting & have a New Year meet instead.

I will still go along tomorrow just in case anyone doesn't see this post & turns up.

Sorrrrrry.

Guest The Pom Queen
Ok guys, sorry but to many people calling off & weather does look grim.

We will cancel the meeting & have a New Year meet instead.

I will still go along tomorrow just in case anyone doesn't see this post & turns up.

Sorrrrrry.

Hey it's not your fault Bordy, unless you were out doing a rain dance last night in your kilt:tonguexmas:

Hey it's not your fault Bordy, unless you were out doing a rain dance last night in your kilt:tonguexmas:

If that worked I'm sure the Government would have hired me long ago. We honestly can't complain at some decent rain I suppose.

So who's up for a new year meet on 3rd January????:biggrinxmas:

Guest spottymercedes
If that worked I'm sure the Government would have hired me long ago. We honestly can't complain at some decent rain I suppose.

So who's up for a new year meet on 3rd January????

3rd Jan sounds good to me, although I am a bit sad about tomorrow:cryxmas:, but I guess I'll have to go shopping and spend some money instead, that usually makes me feel better.:smilexmas:

Guest spottymercedes
one ready made picnic up for sale going cheap!!!

3rd jan is marked, gonna have to look at more houses tomorrow now, my fave pass time.

Mine too Trudy!!! But the whole family is getting bored with it now as we are not quite ready to buy yet and they think its a waste of time.

HI GUYS Glad i checked out the site, its been raining here all day in doncaster and is lashing it downnow, prob be better for us anyway in jan as we are busy sorting out for our rental, we move in on tuesday and are rushing round trying to get it sorted with the furniture we need just to get by untill ours arrives in 8 weeks from the uk.Keep us posted as to the new date for the get together RIKKI MARK AND FAMILY

HI GUYS Glad i checked out the site, its been raining here all day in doncaster and is lashing it downnow, prob be better for us anyway in jan as we are busy sorting out for our rental, we move in on tuesday and are rushing round trying to get it sorted with the furniture we need just to get by untill ours arrives in 8 weeks from the uk.Keep us posted as to the new date for the get together RIKKI MARK AND FAMILY

Hi Rikki & Mark. Would 3rd or 10th of January be better for you??? Seems a few folk still away on holiday on 3rd.

Hi Guys,

Yes, the rain was lashing down nearly all night last night and now today as well. Think we brought the rain with us from England! :arghhxmas:

Hope you all have a great christmas and we will be looking forward to meeting you in The New Year.

:emoticon-signxmas:

Lots of love

Gill, Phil and Harry (in Berwick)

Archived