daughter from 1st marriage

Guest paul n kath

Guest paul n kath

hi all abit of advice please,

I have a 16year old daughter from my first marriage, and want her to come with us when we move to australia, I have spoken to ex and he said if its what she wants he wont stand our way. ( big of him considering the crap he's put her and us thro over the years but thats another story) so what do I need from him, neither of us has full custody of her.

cheers kath x

Guest harrison family

Hi Kath,

I am not an expert but i think that you would need written permision from him probably witnessed by a solicitor, Gollywobbler will know exactly what you need i am sure she will answer you soon.

Good luck

Sallie

Guest JoanneHattersley

You will need written permission. If you are using an agent check with them. Also PM Gollywobbler, she has assisted many people through this site and may very well know the full answer to your question!

Good Luck

Hello Paul n Kath,

If your application includes a child under 18 years of age and the child's other parent is not migrating with you, you will need to provide evidence that each person who can lawfully determine where the child is to live consents to the grant of the visa. This can be evidenced by a stat dec by the childs other parent consenting to the grant of the visa.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Stephen Dickson

Archived