applying via Child Care Co-ordinator on Skilled Damand List

Guest EM&M

Hi Is anyone in the process of applying via the above trade and could advise me of the entry requirements/qualifications for this trade. For some reason I cant seem to find them or point me in the right direction? I am due to return to work after maternity and have 2 young children as was thinking of looking into child minding. Thanks in advance.

Em x

Guest Rachel&Stu

Think you're right Chelle.

I am qualified Nursery Nurse (Diploma or Level 3 equivalent) but without management experience and was told that might not be enough to satisfy the criteria for Child Care C-ordinator.

A migration agent should be able to send you a job description and qualification requirements Em. Good luck!

Rachel

Thanks girls, I thought that was the case! I did train to be a Nursery Nurse when I left school but left before I did my exams so didnt get graded. I think I'm clutching at straws at the moment lol. We have put our cvs into a agent but I know neither of us can get in on skilled trade.

I am a qualified nail tech but dont use it as my profession at moment but was thinking of going to do my beauty which includes hairdressing......so that I can work self employed as have a new baby and a toddler or doing childminding so can be at home. What I want to do is to try and do what would be best to enable us to get in. :wink:

Thanks Em

Hi Chelle, yeh we have put our cv's into an agent in Oz who my friends have just got in with but they r both on the skills trade demand list lucky things!

My hubby does have family on the Gold Coast they have a business and we r hoping we can somehow get round it but not sure how promising it looks at the moment. My 2 girls are Ella 2.5yrs and Libby 4mths.

What about you did u put your cv's into an agent?? Do you think you'll get out there?

Em x

Hi Guys

I got m skills etc appproved by the TMA as a Childcare Co-ordinator but only thanks to Go Matilda, I don't think I would have added just the right info myself. The criteria I used from the TRA website was this:-

TRADES RECOGNITION AUSTRALIA (TRA) BULLETIN – JULY 2006

NEWSFLASH - TRA NOW THE ASSESSING BODY FOR CHILD CARE CO-ORDINATORS

On 1 July 2006, TRA becomes the assessing body for Child Care Co-ordinators for pre-migration purposes.

According to the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, the responsibilities and duties of a Child Care Co-ordinator [1295-11] include:

• directing and supervising childcare workers

• developing and implementing programs to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of young children

• providing care for children in before-school, after-school, day and vacation care centres

• managing physical childcare facilities and ensuring all buildings and equipment are maintained

• maintaining records and accounts for the childcare centre, and

• complying with government childcare requirements and standards.

The TRA assessment standard for Child Care Co-ordinators for skilled migration purposes is:

• a two-year accredited post-secondary course in childcare (diploma or advanced diploma) or a three-year accredited tertiary course in early childhood care or education.

• three years supervisory experience that reflects the responsibilities, duties and tasks of a Child Care Co-ordinator—this must be obtained in an environment of substantial size and reputation and subject to a regulatory framework, and gained after the accredited course referred to above is completed.

• proficiency in English language literacy and numeracy with an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least six in all four components.

We have developed this standard in consultation with childcare regulators and other stakeholders and with consideration of state and territory legislation. The standard will be incorporated into TRA’s Uniform Assessment Criteria.

From 1 July 2006, and under these new arrangements, the occupation of Child Care

Co-ordinator attracts 60 migration points.

The new arrangements apply only to the assessment of Child Care Co-ordinators, and have no bearing on the assessment of childcare workers.

For further information contact TRA’s enquiry line on +61 2 6121 7456 or by email at traenquiries@dewr.gov.au

I did e-mail the TRA with a query and they were very good at responding.

Good Luck Guys

Debbie

Archived