Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrerRabbit

Sydney Hostels - will they take young kids??

Guest BrerRabbit

:? We're heading over to Sydney in February with 2 kiddies aged 6 & 2 and will need somwwhere to stay for about 2 weeks - will the hostels take children this young/are they suitable places for children??!

Any advice greatly appreciated !

cheers

Zoe 8)

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest BrerRabbit

:( Anyone??????

All you backpackers must have stayed on hostels - were there any children? I guess not!! :roll:

Guest bob and ginnie

Zoe!

Dunno about Sydney, but Adelaide bound folk with little kiddies often stay in chalets at caravan parks. This is payable by the week and are booked up before they arrive, so they've got somewhere to hang out from day One.

The caravan parks in Australia have tiolets, but the chalets would have their own tiolet / shower facilities and you'd only need to use the washing machines in the park that are common to all.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Guest kazzy01

Hi

You'll find that most hostels have family rooms, so yes you do see kid in hostels all over Australia. Try the YHA or buying a copy of lonely planet which gives details of places to stay and the facilities they have avaiable.

Karen

Guest BrerRabbit

:D Thank you Bob & Ginnie and Kazzie01 - both really helpful!

We stayed in Sydney (near China Town) last year at the pacific international apartments with a 10 and 5 year old. They may do a weekly rate. The room was great with two bathrooms and a seperate bedroom for the kids. Small kitchenette.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Anorak
        I've been offered the chance to go and work in Sydney by my current employers, and wanted to get some opinions on the the deal they're offering me.
        They're going to sponsor me on a 457, and they're happy to also sponsor me for permanent residency via a 186 but I'll have to cover the costs if I went for direct entry now. The idea being they get me there sooner, but we'd get the security of permanent residency.
        I'd be getting 110K (inc super) as a software engineer with myself (working), partner (not working, maybe after we are permanent), and three school age children, and we plan to rent at first.
        Deal or no deal?
      • By louisehb
        Hi, We will be arriving in Sydney September 3rd looking to live in Forestville.  We have a three and a two year old looking for recommendations of any preschools/daycare please...Also my little boy will be four in December 2017 does nayone know if he will get a free preschool place from Jan 2018? Thanks v much louise
      • By Sue Cash
        Hi, I moved to Sydney (from London) 13 years ago and have finally had enough of the rat race.
        I'm moving with my family to the Sunshine Coast and looking for advice about the best locations for beaches, shops, schools etc
        My 2 boys have special needs and one will need to go to a special school - it appears that Nambour and Currimundi are the only options.
        My other boy has mild autism so I'm hoping to find a location that is best placed for him i.e. Primary schools that have a good reputation for helping kids on the spectrum and plenty of local therapists.
        If you have kids with special needs and live in the Sunshine Coast, I'd love to hear your thoughts and advice on our move to the Sunny Coast.
        Thanks
        Sue
      • By Alandes
        Hi all PomsInOz,

We are moving fairly soon to the Bunbury area and are looking at schools in the area. Kids are 4, 6 and 9 and to be honest I don't even know where to start. Help!
        Happy to fee-pay if that means better education. My 9 year old is introvert and likes his maths, my 6 year old is pretty good at reading and writing, would like to be an 'author' and write bout  science, that tells you enough, and my 4 year old hasn't gone to school yet but loves scribbeling and singing and drawing....

Any good advice is welcome.

AlandEs
      • By simmo
        Reverend George Capsis says Mike is the fourth Christian to have complained to him about a religiously motivated attack in the past six months. “You don’t hear about it because no one’s reporting it,” he says. (Pic: News Corp)
        One Greek community leader, Rev George Capsis, has gone so far as to warn Christians not to wear overt religious symbols when they are travelling though Muslim enclaves of southwestern Sydney.
        But last Tuesday afternoon, 30-year-old Greek Orthodox Christian, Mike, discovered too late the risks of wearing a large cross outside his clothing while travelling on the train from Campsie to Bankstown with his girlfriend.
        He says he was minding his own business talking on his mobile phone, when four young men of Middle Eastern appearance allegedly violently ripped the crucifix off his neck, and stomped on it while swearing “F*** Jesus” and referring to “Allah”.
        He says they punched him and kicked him in his face, back and shoulders during the attack which began about 3pm, just after the train left Belmore station.
        When his girlfriend tried to defend him, two Arabic-speaking women also allegedly hit and kicked her.
        http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/we-rush-to-condemn-islamophobia-what-about-antichristian-attacks/news-story/2bb6f9a158146e963355a6da3adbe70a