Visa Approved!!

drewmck

Can't believe it! 457 Visa approved in 2 weeks!! and my case officer was on a training course for one week of it!

The service was great, application in on the 17th November and submitted all information with the application such as degree, police certificates, x-rays and so on. Case Officer assigned 18th! 21st confirmed all information received she then went on training.

She called today to say she was back and was 'so sorry for the wait', and then by the end of the day it was approved!

No migration agent, lawyers or anything...

so thrilled!!! I can finally get some sleep!

Can't believe it! 457 Visa approved in 2 weeks!! and my case officer was on a training course for one week of it!

The service was great, application in on the 17th November and submitted all information with the application such as degree, police certificates, x-rays and so on. Case Officer assigned 18th! 21st confirmed all information received she then went on training.

She called today to say she was back and was 'so sorry for the wait', and then by the end of the day it was approved!

No migration agent, lawyers or anything...

so thrilled!!! I can finally get some sleep!

Thats fantastic news - congratulations. Lets hope they get their finger out for mine eh! lol

A couple of questions - how did you get your xrays sent of - I thought they had to come directly from the medical panel doctor.

Also how did you know you had a case officer? I got an email this morning from a chapping from immi chasing me for my medicals / xrays - they hopefully on their way by now.... had them done 17th Nov but a long story I wont bore you with now. Is this chappy my case officer you think? BTW I submitted mid november and attached all necessary documents. Status page a week later said 11 Nov - Application Received, 17th November - application processed further.

Once again congratulations - wishing you well in your move.

xTinksx

Hi Tinks,

It's slightly different with the x-rays because I'm already in Australia. I had to go to a government centre for the x-rays and they posted the results to me in a sealed envelope which I couldn't open. I forwarded this to the immigration centre in Sydney and didn't hear anything. So in the end I called the 'general' hotline and the nice lady their gave me the name, and number of my case officer.

I called the case officer and was told she was off on a course from the 20th Nov to the 2nd December, and to call on the 3rd. I called her this morning and she was very nice, she told me that she had all the information she needed and would be making a decision today.

It's worth noting, that my online status said 'processing further' until 10pm tonight! My case officer says that they don't really keep it up to date as it's all paper based.

Your best bet is to contact the centre processing your application - do you know which centre it is? As for the name of your case officer and they will give it to you. If you're lucky enough to get through the engaged tones, you'll find them very helpful and keen to get your visa approved.

Final note is that approval ratings are very high for British Passport holders... it will come, and you will get what you're looking for! I was going out of my mind until today - people would ask what I was doing for the day and I'd reply 'hitting refresh on my visa status page!'...

Good luck!! You'll get there, and you'll love it here... it's an amazing place to live.

Hi Tinks,

It's slightly different with the x-rays because I'm already in Australia. I had to go to a government centre for the x-rays and they posted the results to me in a sealed envelope which I couldn't open. I forwarded this to the immigration centre in Sydney and didn't hear anything. So in the end I called the 'general' hotline and the nice lady their gave me the name, and number of my case officer.

I called the case officer and was told she was off on a course from the 20th Nov to the 2nd December, and to call on the 3rd. I called her this morning and she was very nice, she told me that she had all the information she needed and would be making a decision today.

It's worth noting, that my online status said 'processing further' until 10pm tonight! My case officer says that they don't really keep it up to date as it's all paper based.

Your best bet is to contact the centre processing your application - do you know which centre it is? As for the name of your case officer and they will give it to you. If you're lucky enough to get through the engaged tones, you'll find them very helpful and keen to get your visa approved.

Final note is that approval ratings are very high for British Passport holders... it will come, and you will get what you're looking for! I was going out of my mind until today - people would ask what I was doing for the day and I'd reply 'hitting refresh on my visa status page!'...

Good luck!! You'll get there, and you'll love it here... it's an amazing place to live.

Wher do you live as we are in Perth and did the meds here and submitted everything at the local diac

mally

I was going out of my mind until today - people would ask what I was doing for the day and I'd reply 'hitting refresh on my visa status page!'...

Lol at your above comment - I'll probably be doing the same when the meds arrive. Dont think people understand how obsessive this visa lark makes you. lol

Thanks so much for your response. I didnt realise you were in Australia. You certainly seem to have been fortunate and your case officer as served you well. Im also glad to hear you are loving Australia. Always good to read positive posts from personal experiences. We are hoping to be in Brisbane at the beginning of February as the OH needs to start by the end of Feb really. Hopefully we wont have too long to wait, just want to get the flights, accommodation booked now.

Take care of yourself and wishing your continued stay in Australia is everything you dream of.

xTinksx

Thanks very much Tinks, I hope things work out for you and you get your approval quickly. I'm heading to Brisbane for Christmas so I'll be sure to report back on it.

I think perhaps I was lucky, but I also have a friend who's 457 was approved in 4 days, again onshore - seems that onshore applications are dealt with quicker perhaps?

Your best bet as I said, is to contact the DIAC hotline and ask them for a status update -they have loads more details than the website.

Guest noms&vit

Congratulations ... we just heard today that ours has also been approved - again within 2 weeks - they are on a role!

Now panic mode is setting in as we book our flights/ temp accom/ pack up flat .. all just in time for xmas!!

Sydney here we come :biggrinxmas:

congrats, and well done! im in oz to on workin hol visa. current employer to sponsor me, brisbane is so great! lightening storms are pretty exciting at the moment! apart from when you run from bus up street towards house and it starts at the opp end of ur street! lol

Archived