Mother Groups North Perth

Guest nkopke

My husband and I and our 14 month old daughter are moving to Perth end of December 08. We are looking at renting a property in North Perth around Hillarys/scarborough etc. I would like to know if anyone knows of mother and toddler groups in the surrounding areas?

I have a wonderful support network of friends in the UK and I am nervous about not knowing any other mums with young children. My husband will start work in Feb so I am keen to try and join some groups beforehand.

Does anyone know of any groups or how I can contact other mums in the area?

Thanks

My husband and I and our 14 month old daughter are moving to Perth end of December 08. We are looking at renting a property in North Perth around Hillarys/scarborough etc. I would like to know if anyone knows of mother and toddler groups in the surrounding areas?

I have a wonderful support network of friends in the UK and I am nervous about not knowing any other mums with young children. My husband will start work in Feb so I am keen to try and join some groups beforehand.

Thanks

Playgroup WA runs playgroups all over Perth, there can sometimes be a waiting list though.

Bub Hub Pregnancy & Parenting Forum - Powered by vBulletin is another good one for young mums, It has lots of different forums on there and somewhere there is a WA one that arrange meet ups and stuff.

Good luck.

Hi good post thanks to northernbird for web site. We are heading to perth but not for awhile and it's a great place to meet new people and getting to know the locals. Hope you get on well and find a good playgroup donnax

Thanks

Hi there, do not know of any groups but just wanted to wish you good luck on your move to Oz. We will be in Perth to validate our visa in Feb 2009 and staying in the same area as you and have the same worry as you that I have such a good network of friends here in the UK and will be so lonely while my husband is out at work when we do finally make the move.

Let us know how you get on and hope you settle quickly, Amanda:smile:

Good Luck,,and dont read too much into the negative posts that you get on here,,

Oz is great,,,,give it time !!

We have been in Queensland for a year but might relocate to Edgewater in Jan 09

Archived