Pls Keep Your Fingers Crossed For Us - Next Tues 2pm!

emmaj

My Husband has just recieved an email from his tempory Boss here in Oz asking him to attend a meeting next Tuesday so they can discuss his furture plans with a view to relocating now that he has been in Perth a few weeks!!

I know the wage package wont be as good as what he was on at home but if the $$$ is right Im sure we can manage.

I really want to give Oz a go and Hubs is of the same opinion although he does see it as a two year 'give it a go and see what happens' kind of thing where as I would prefer to see it as a perm move. But hey, things change and at least this way we get to try it out and see.

Pls keep everything crossed for us, I think Tuesday is make or break day for us!

Emma

x

Guest Gollywobbler

HI Emma

Relocating to where? Also, what does Hubby do and has he got a positive skills assessment? If he has the skills assessment, I would be inclined to make any relocation idea conditional on the employer sponsoring me for immediate PR first.

I'd be suspicious about this. Have you been lured out to Oz on the promise of living and working in Perth only to find that the employer has actually had plans to despatch you to Broome once he got you out there?

Best wishes

Gill

HI Emma

Relocating to where? Also, what does Hubby do and has he got a positive skills assessment? If he has the skills assessment, I would be inclined to make any relocation idea conditional on the employer sponsoring me for immediate PR first.

I'd be suspicious about this. Have you been lured out to Oz on the promise of living and working in Perth only to find that the employer has actually had plans to despatch you to Broome once he got you out there?

Best wishes

Gill

We want to relocate to Perth which is where we are at the moment. He works for a huge / worldwide company and has done done for the last 10 years. They have moved others from the UK to here because his and their skill set is very much in demand here (and is on the wanted list). This would be an internal move within the same company that he already works for. They have sent us out here to see if we like it prior to making the move more perm.

They know we want to move to the Perth area and that its important for us to get a good home v work life balance because that is the problem at home, Hubs ends up working away all week, so we will make sure we know everything about the location before we make any firm decisions.

This is the best thing that could happen to us, so im not worried at all. But i take your point about asking them to sponsor us for PR straight away which i think is what our friends have agreed who have also moved across with the same company.

Thanks again,

Emma

x

fingers are crossed for you we move into our new house on this day so a special day for us also and i will try to remember and think of you :idea:

hope all your dreams come true

sjs

fingers are crossed for you we move into our new house on this day so a special day for us also and i will try to remember and think of you :idea:

hope all your dreams come true

sjs

Good luck with the house move x

Guest SGKG102
My Husband has just recieved an email from his tempory Boss here in Oz asking him to attend a meeting next Tuesday so they can discuss his furture plans with a view to relocating now that he has been in Perth a few weeks!!

I know the wage package wont be as good as what he was on at home but if the $$$ is right Im sure we can manage.

I really want to give Oz a go and Hubs is of the same opinion although he does see it as a two year 'give it a go and see what happens' kind of thing where as I would prefer to see it as a perm move. But hey, things change and at least this way we get to try it out and see.

Pls keep everything crossed for us, I think Tuesday is make or break day for us!

Emma

x

Hi Emma,

good-luck-bear.jpg

Best wishes

Karen :wub:

Well Hubs has set out to this meeting, Im getting a little nervous now!!!!

Im still in two minds about moving, you never know we may not even get an offer and then we wont need to make any decisions anytime soon....but fingers crossed!

Emma

x

Thanks for all the well wishes.

The meeting went really well and although nothing has been finalised they have offered Hubs a perm job here in Oz on a sponsored 475 visa and PR. We are both really pleased, we just need to work the ole $$$ out to see if we can make the move. We are trying to work out the tax system here so we can work out what our pick up pay will be and also trying to ideas as to what certain household bills cost just to make sure we wont be living off our savings. Unfortunately we will most likely have to live on one wage as my salary will most likely all have to go back to the UK as we have a few commitments there and also the rent we will hopefully get for our property wont cover our mortgage repayments.

So its all exciting, but no firm decisions have been made as yet although it is a 90-10 split in favour of the move right now.

Emma

Thanks everyone, he has been made an offer today but they are going back and forth trying to come up with a deal that suits everyone. I really wanted this sorted today so that we could celebrate tonight but i think negotiations will go into next week now.

Things are looking good though!

Thanks again

Emma

x

Archived