Moving to Woody Point

Guest treebox

Guest treebox

Hi ya everyone,

Just joined this site. I'm moving to Woody Point this week and was wondering if any of you out there come from that area as it would be good to meet up and find a few mates, with kids without kids, male or female i'm not fussed. We're having a house warming but have no one to invite. Tx:biglaugh:

Guest treebox

Cheers, I hope so. So your still in England? heard weather is really bad, i missed the snow in my home town of Bromley it's nevr snowed before xmas well not in recent years and then i go to OZ and it's a picture postcard down there.

Thanks for the reply Tx

Guest WARDStoOZ
Cheers, I hope so. So your still in England? heard weather is really bad, i missed the snow in my home town of Bromley it's nevr snowed before xmas well not in recent years and then i go to OZ and it's a picture postcard down there.

Thanks for the reply Tx

Hi! It's a pleasure...!!!

Yes still in England I'm afraid :(

Weather's been ok for the time of year but still bad in my opinion - freezing cold and very wet some days although it's been dryer the last week or so. Haven't had any snow in Brum this week but further up north they have yes...!

Glad to hear that Australia is a picture postcard...!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

Hi you, I would love too but we are just a tad to far away Bristol,England! But hoping to be your way sometime next year (please Mr Visa Man!) we are looking at the Redcliffe Peninsula, not sure where yet all depends on OH job, but I do want to be walking distance if not , view of the sea! So have a good time, without us Boo Hoo!:laugh:

Guest treebox

Cool well we can meet up when your here. What do you do for work? If you move to Recliffe area it's not far on the train or car to the city. Tx

Guest WARDStoOZ
Cool well we can meet up when your here. What do you do for work? If you move to Recliffe area it's not far on the train or car to the city. Tx

Hi! Do you know exactly how long you should allow for a morning/evening commute from Redcliffe to Brisbane city centre/back???

Regards,

Dan xx

Note to those waiting for their visas - enjoy the cooler weather and rain while you can!!

I remember my first day in Oz (12 years ago!) was staying at Brother in Law's place in SW Sydney. Went in to the living room and there they all were - blinds drawn, air conditioner and tv on. I thought why aren't they outisde in the pool or at the beach (even though the nearest beach was an hour's drive away), what were they going to do on Saturday night - lovely barmy evening sitting in a beer garden, swaying palm trees overhead - can't wait - answer to first question posed to brother in law, "where's the nearest pub?", answer "oh, think there's one in Macquarie Fields, only someone got shot there last week". Didn't take me long to work out why they spend summer days holed up in living room - I do the same myself now!!! Advice - try and live near the ocean in a vibrant cosmopolitan area if you can possibly afford it - otherwise get yourself decent aircon and a plasma tv. Another bit of advice - if you have the option - rent your UK home out, ship bare minimum furniture out to Oz and rent a place on a 12 months lease before you commit.

Guest treebox

My partners brother does it in an hour on the bus to Sandgate then a train into City Central Brisbane. not sure in a car at that time but i know alot of people do the train. Tx

OH is CNC machinist, there seems to be quite a lot of vacancies Brisbane northside and I am hoping to get a part time job more locally, don't care what really. I have 22 years PA/secretarial/admin but more recently (3 years) Civil Servant. But to be honest a nice little shop job would be right up my street!:rolleyes:

Guest WARDStoOZ
My partners brother does it in an hour on the bus to Sandgate then a train into City Central Brisbane. not sure in a car at that time but i know alot of people do the train. Tx

Thanks for the info... it's a longer journey than I thought...!

Regards,

Dan xx

Hi ya everyone,

Just joined this site. I'm moving to Woody Point this week and was wondering if any of you out there come from that area as it would be good to meet up and find a few mates, with kids without kids, male or female i'm not fussed. We're having a house warming but have no one to invite. Tx:biglaugh:

I hope you will enjoy it, I'm sure you will. I believe there are quite a few on PIO who either live in the area or close by. I'm sure you will get a few replies.

One thing living at Woody Point you will get plenty of a nice sea breeze lets you sleep at night, without A/C

We are just up the road from you and have met some friends who have just come out and looking for younger company, They have 3 children, and live in Redcliffe.

PM us and will put you in touch.

Just a word of advice if you go for a swim be careful around Clontarf beaches, better to move further up to Margate or Redcliffe, although there have been quite a few jellyfish around.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest treebox

Hiya!

Thanks for the reply.

I have only just got back on line it's taken 2 weeks.

Yeah that would be great if you could put me in touch with your friends, what about you?

Tx

Archived