If Visa app unsuccessful do they tell you?

Guest Mrs Mongoose

Guest Mrs Mongoose

Hi everyone

Applied for 176 Visa in May 2008 & we still haven't heard anything. I know it is a bit soon to have had an answer but I was wondering does anybody know if the Australian Government let us know if the Application is unsuccessful or are we left in limbo for evermore!!!

Really feel like our life is on hold. We don't want to get our hopes up and plan too much but on the other hand we don't seem to be able to live for now either. My husband wants a week away in the sun after our wet summer but I think it would be a waste of money to do that if we end up getting our visa sometime soon as the money could be used for shipping out our cat.

hi everyone

applied for 176 visa in may 2008 & we still haven't heard anything. I know it is a bit soon to have had an answer but i was wondering does anybody know if the australian government let us know if the application is unsuccessful or are we left in limbo for evermore!!!

Really feel like our life is on hold. We don't want to get our hopes up and plan too much but on the other hand we don't seem to be able to live for now either. My husband wants a week away in the sun after our wet summer but i think it would be a waste of money to do that if we end up getting our visa sometime soon as the money could be used for shipping out our cat.

hi mrs mongoose ...im sure every reply you get to this thread will say the same .....its only been 6months ....and if you look at everyone elses timelines you will see that there is defo nothing to worry about .....some peeps on here are just hearing about case officers this month and they submitted at the beginning of year !!! .....my advice would be [know its hard] but try and put it to the back of your mind and enjoy your christmas ....you will hear when you least expect it lol ....the next step will be being allocated a case officer who will advise you to go for meds [unless you have already frontloaded them ] and its usually a good 4/6 weeks after this you hear if you have been successfull ....ours took 9months from submitting to visa being issued .

Hope this eases your mind a bit

mrs keily

Guest Mrs Mongoose

Thank you all for the answers.

i know it's a bit soon for us to hear-I am hoping for an answer in Feb at least!

But, back to my original question-Do they tell you if you are unsucessfull?

Thanks.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mrs Mongoose

Please stop worrying (though I know that is easier said than done.) Of course DIAC tell you if they refuse a visa but they have no reason to refuse your visa, have they? The only reason why they would refuse it is if you do not meet all the criteria for it. If you were not confident that you meet the criteria, you wouldn't have applied for the visa, would you?

Is your application State Nominated or Family Sponsored, please? Also, is the main applicant's occupation on the MODL?

The pecking order is:

1. MODL applications

2. State Nominated applications

3. All other applications

You will not be pleased to hear this but DIAC offices cut down to about 50% of their normal staffing levels from about mid December till the end of January, because this is when the children have their long school summer holidays. A lot of the COs are Mums and some of them only work part time or job-share. DIAC's policy, which I think is sensible, is that the visa applicant will only ever hear from one CO in any exchange initiated by DIAC. You think you wouldn't mind if half a dozen of them contacted you but the reality is that all of us become pretty dependent on the CO emotionally during the final stages of processing, so DIAC are right to keep it low key and to give the applicant a sense of continuity and a "face" to a name, if you like.

Also, imagine a conveyor belt with lots of spur belts. Each of the spurs leads to a CO. The COs take pot luck about what files turn up on their own spur. Only about 30% of the applications processed by DIAC are made by people whose first language is English, and 80% of visa applicants do not use Agents. It is easy to imagine that the luck of the draw might give one CO a load of easy files which can be completed quickly. The poor man or woman on the next spur could have drawn the short straw with a stack of garbled, ill-prepared, incomplete applications which will require a great deal of sorting out, sometimes hampered by a language barrier which doesn't help.

Those sorts of applications take forever to sort out, which necessarily means that other applicants get held up. It is an imperfect system but there is no way to make it perfect. DIAC has a strict policy of non-discrimination which results in the COs and the applicants alike having to take the rough with the smooth.

How about a compromise on the holiday front? Maybe a long weekend somewhere warm just to take the edge of the stress of waiting...... and waiting.....?

But it WILL be OK in the end. You'll see. :yes:

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Mrs Mongoose

Thanks Gill very much for your informative reply. It has put my mind to rest but

the waiting is still hard to cope with. Best enjoy the festive season for now and worry about the outcome next year.

Archived