Affidavit or statutory declaration for TRA

Taz2008

My husband is a self employed plasterer and it appears that we need to do an Affidavit or statutory declaration for the TRA as he is self employed. Has anyone done this? Is it really necessary? Can anyone let me know what is needed in this document?

I have never done one of these and want to make sure what I am doing is correct!

Thanks for any help. :wubclub:

02/09/08 - 110% positive we want to go to Oz

01/10/08 - Told family (went down like a lead balloon!)

02/10/08 - Appointed an agent

23/10/08 - Hubby assessed for AQF III qualification

14/11/08 - Hubby received Qualification!

Surely someone out there has been self employed and had to provide a statutory declaration or affidavit to the TRA - if so, please can you help me.

I have put something together for this, but really dont know how much information they want us to supply? 0002014F.gif and any advice would be really appreciated.:wubclub:

Surely someone out there has been self employed and had to provide a statutory declaration or affidavit to the TRA - if so, please can you help me.

I have put something together for this, but really dont know how much information they want us to supply? 0002014F.gif and any advice would be really appreciated.:wubclub:

hiya taz, well ive been self employed bricky since 89, i went through TRA, i had to have worked in my own trade for minimum 3 years out of last 4, and 38 weeks out of preceding 52, i also had to show with tax returns etc that i had been earning a "living" wage for these periods, the statutory declaration i had to do was for my years as an apprentice, the reason for this is because the company had gone bust, i had to put down in detail how i had progressed from day one i.e learning to build rough walls and straight walls etc when i started ,right through to when i was nearly out of my time and building feature work etc, i then had to take this to a solicitor and swear it was the truth ,cost a tenner. i also got "statements"( not references) from firms i had been employed by detailing the type of work i had done, what materials i had used, i.e arches, 100 mm faceblock, what type of brick, what type of pointing etc, commercial work or domestic work....and for some reason list my toolkit at the end of each statement, then get it signed by a director or contracts manager,making sure they put their position in the company down, your agent should issue you with dummy statements as a guide tbh. btw my application was pre sept 07 but i would imagine what they want is the same. anyway,hope this helps a bit, have to give my typing finger a rest now! good luck btw

hiya taz, well ive been self employed bricky since 89, i went through TRA, i had to have worked in my own trade for minimum 3 years out of last 4, and 38 weeks out of preceding 52, i also had to show with tax returns etc that i had been earning a "living" wage for these periods, the statutory declaration i had to do was for my years as an apprentice, the reason for this is because the company had gone bust, i had to put down in detail how i had progressed from day one i.e learning to build rough walls and straight walls etc when i started ,right through to when i was nearly out of my time and building feature work etc, i then had to take this to a solicitor and swear it was the truth ,cost a tenner. i also got "statements"( not references) from firms i had been employed by detailing the type of work i had done, what materials i had used, i.e arches, 100 mm faceblock, what type of brick, what type of pointing etc, commercial work or domestic work....and for some reason list my toolkit at the end of each statement, then get it signed by a director or contracts manager,making sure they put their position in the company down, your agent should issue you with dummy statements as a guide tbh. btw my application was pre sept 07 but i would imagine what they want is the same. anyway,hope this helps a bit, have to give my typing finger a rest now! good luck btw

Hi Pablo

Thanks for your comments; we are going with an agent and he said that the bit about having to declare the amount of time worked within the trade was not for the TRA but needed later when applying for the actual visa? This whole process is very confusing even with an agent!

On the TRA form it states that if you are self employed that you have to do a Statutory Declaration to declare that you are self employed and stuff - sounds a bit different to what you did back in your time. I have received a guide to the declaration from my agent but it does not tell me what sort of information the TRA are looking for within the declaration. :wacko: Living and working in France is also proving to be a pain as our tax returns (or the equivalent of) is obviously all in French so will have to get them translated, although not really sure if it would be necessary as its all numbers and abbreviated and I dont know anyone who would be able to translate it into english! I have to say my head is hurting now - I so want to make sure we get it right!

So..... if there is anyone else out there that might be able to help a little more, it would be appreciated:wubclub:

Tasha

Hi Pablo

Thanks for your comments; we are going with an agent and he said that the bit about having to declare the amount of time worked within the trade was not for the TRA but needed later when applying for the actual visa? This whole process is very confusing even with an agent!

On the TRA form it states that if you are self employed that you have to do a Statutory Declaration to declare that you are self employed and stuff - sounds a bit different to what you did back in your time. I have received a guide to the declaration from my agent but it does not tell me what sort of information the TRA are looking for within the declaration. :wacko: Living and working in France is also proving to be a pain as our tax returns (or the equivalent of) is obviously all in French so will have to get them translated, although not really sure if it would be necessary as its all numbers and abbreviated and I dont know anyone who would be able to translate it into english! I have to say my head is hurting now - I so want to make sure we get it right!

So..... if there is anyone else out there that might be able to help a little more, it would be appreciated:wubclub:

Tasha

well as i say tasha, they just want evidence of work he has done in detail as far as i know, i would be very suprised if the criteria has changed that much in a year,i would also be suprised if statements from former employers werent still helpfull,does he have city and guilds?anyway i will leave it with you as there is not much more i can add.

yes he has city & guild level II in Solid & Fibrous plastering along with an Australian AQF III in solid plastering which he has just recently been assessed for to enable him to go through on pathway E of the skilled 175 visa! Lets hope the rest is just a formality hey!

yes he has city & guild level II in Solid & Fibrous plastering along with an Australian AQF III in solid plastering which he has just recently been assessed for to enable him to go through on pathway E of the skilled 175 visa! Lets hope the rest is just a formality hey!

yeah, it will be wont it?!!!!!!! anyway i wish you luck, but even when you get the visa your hassles are just starting as far as we are concerned! but like you we are hoping it will all be worthwhile in the end, anyway stick with it, tara mate

Archived