Funds required for states sponsorship

Mylady

Hi

Can anybody tell me how much money one needs in the bank to apply for state sponsorship? Do we have to prove how much we have and is this a requirement for applying for state sponsorship?

Thank you

Kind Regards

Hi,

When we applied we just put down what we hoped to have once we got there. They don't look it to it, I think they are just after an estimate of what you might be taking with you. Also I think they like to know that you can live for 2 years on the amount of money you have.

Hope this helps.

Cathy

Guest tony and sheena

Hi,

We had to state that we would have a minimum of AUD$25,000 to arrive with. This is just to keep you afloat as you are not entitled to any financial asistance for two years, I think. They did not ask for any evidence.

Good luck,

Sheena

Some States have strict financial requirements and others do not. Some will want to see evidence that you meet the requirements. Before you apply you should check your particular State's requirements properly and make sure that, if required, you can prove that you have enough financial resources to meet the requirements.

• 1 month later...

hi, what are the requirements for WA, do they ask statements when you apply for the sponsorship or later? We are looking into 176 for WA after the new priority applications....

• 3 months later...

Hi

just bumping this thread as I am interested in WA and how much is needed for a family of six as we are saving as we go.We have 20 000AUD so far.Will we get refused and do we have to make a financial declaration?

Thanks

Guest dazarooni

We've been granted regional (475) state sponsorship from WA after a twelve week wait.

The agreement states we must live and work anywhere but Perth metro, which we well aware of it also says we need to transfer AUD 150,000 into WA for living costs and domestic arrangements.

Is the money agreement something that is enforced? If so would we need to enter Australia with it or is there a grace period allowed? We would have to sell our house in the UK to have that kind of cash.

Thanks

dazarooni

Our agent said As a rough guide to living in the state for 6 months, including rent, house hold expenses etc, she said over aim at 10k per person, (seems a lot if you ask me). Money to take into account can be equity on sale of house, Sale of cars etc, and savings.... Hope this helps,

Guest waynio

Hi

Could anyone help me please

Can you take this money with you on a credit card or does it have to be savings ?

Guest moving down under

For a family of 4 Northern Territories asked for $65,000. It could be shown in assets including furniture and jewlery, bank statements, house value, car value, letters from friends/family in the UK or in Australia saying they will help support you if you need it.

They seemed pretty easy going on where the $65,000 came from. I guess they just want to make sure you will be covered if you need it.

Queensland didn't ask for any proof, just an estimate.

SA asked for proof, I can't remember the exact amount they were looking for but I think it was around$45,000

WA asked for proof also and I believe it was around $50,000.

These amounts were all for a family of 4.

Hope this helps a bit.

Archived