Bored, Frustrated and Fed Up!!!

shazney64

I wish we never started this chasing Oz dream. Past two years have none stop been talking about OZ OZ OZ

starting to get to me now!!!

Hubby has passed his paper based assessment but we just missed out the Oct date for pratical now waiting until Feb.

After nearly two years waiting for permission to apply for visas feel like we have missed the boat and as a result had no life.

Repairs are needed in the house, major ones eg kitchen and bathroom but we just keep saying no point as we are moving!!

No point having a holiday we need the money incase we move! No point replacing Tvs incase we move, washing machines beds etc... List goes on.

I read PIO daily ( Fantastic site by the way have no quarrals here) But i want to feel part of it.

Getting so down with the fact by the time we can actually apply the skill list may change, ( hopefully just scaremongoring happening at the mo)then wont be bale too and its not the watsed money but the wasted years on the dream.Then it is the house prices we would have lost a lot that is if we can sell. If only the judge pulled his socks up and granted us permission a year earlier we would of been fine! Grrrrrrr

Whats more is so broody just want a family but guess what there is no point if we are moving!!

Why are the assessments months in between?Grrrr

Im sorry rant over i want my life back!

So i will have to go and start dinner lol thanks for listening.

Good luck to those who have their praticals same day as hubby Feb 16th.

Will keep reading your intersting posts daily looking forward to being part of some process sharon x

Guest hartleys

Hi Sharon

I know how you feel, this whole process is one wait after another but im sure it will all be worth it, look at it as a test to see how badly you want it. If its any conserlation i felt like we had ages to wait between paper based and practical then submitting visa but once the ball starts rolling there is always something to be done to pass the time. Good luck and hang in there

Lisa x

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Sharon... just sending you all of the luck in the world and hoping that you stick with it... it will be worth it!

Good luck! - Just remember every day why you're moving...

Regards,

Dan xx

Guest stockies

Hey come on , keep ya chin up.........I too have just gone through a real low, And its coming on here and other sites that I use that have got me through it. There is always someone on here that has a kind word to say , that can give you a piece of advice or just to say hello and how are you, we are all in the same boat and at sometime we all have these feelings.......it is as they say a " Rollercoaster Ride "

Sending ya some (((((((( hugs ))))))))) XXXXXXXX

Claire. XX

Guest michelle in Havant

I know exactly how you feel!! You put your life on hold!! My washing machine blew up (literally!!), and now I have to go to the laundrette, which with 3 children is a lot of visits, we need a new bed, the hoover pipe is taped up, the lead on the iron is taped up, the list goes on!!! All this in an effort to save money for our oz dream!!!

I had a real low a couple of weeks ago, especially as it feels like we are never going to get a case officer, and people who applied after us are getting their visas!!! Of course I am happy for them but, sometimes I feel like I have been forgoton. BUT I just keep reminding myself of the bigger picture and obviously visit PIO!! We all have these highs and lows, and before you know it you will be busy filling in forms and collecting paperwork for your main visa app!!! :yes:

Good luck!:wubclub:

michelle x

Our application took nearly 14 months, we had our house sold, packed in our jobs, sold all the furniture,sold 2 cars, closed bank accounts, re homed dog and not a sniff of our visa. Mad ? you bet. Then we really started sweating, at 6am one morning there it was " VISA GRANTED". Just hang on in there. It will come and it will be worth it. x

magic ( Birmingham to Cleveland Australia )

I know how you feel, but I do think we have to strike a balance between not investing too much in life here just now, and waiting for the new start, but also keeping in mind that you can't reclaim time.

As for appliances blowing up - ask on Freecycle for a new second hand one to keep you going.

House repairs - I'm afraid that if you want to sell a home, then you will need to sort them out anyway, so why wait til the last minute. We have done that before. We decorated our last house in order to sell it (our intention was to do it "slowly and properly" but we ran out of time), and we loved how it looked. It made me realise that we could have done the quick spruce up long before and enjoyed our home!

Holidays - we have made a list of all the great places here in UK which we have not yet visited and plan to see as many of them (on the cheap) as we can before we leave.

And when it all gets on op of you (as it has just now, for you) then get on here and have a good old moan! I think we can all support each other and fully understand the issues!

I do hope that you can start to see some real progress soon, and that you can lift yourself out of the pit now. It will be so worth it in the end!!!

(((HUGS)))

Aww Thanks for all your replies, was just having a down day i think. I do worry about the time lost in investing in the dream though.

Hoping can gain back a few wrinkles when chilling in warmer climate.

Will just keep going on the items that are slowly blowing up and beg borrow not quite steal lol any thing we need. I use freecycle only tend to give them stuff when i de clutter. As for a hol i did just mean local camping lol. not had hol abroad since starting this lol.

the kitchen is fine enough to sell home but for me living with it for years fancy a change, as nothing else to do. hubby goes with me.

see i am solution focussed tonight, thats becasue recieved lots of hugs and well wishes from you all. Thanks for letting me moan, chin is up and looking forward to more gratefully recived poats take care sharon xx

Guest Scardycat

Glad you're feeling a bit better now, I think we all have moments like that, I've been having one all week, "I want a life" have been watching and helping my daughters to get to Oz, one has gone and the other one goes the end of this month, I have been up and down all of their emotional roller coasters over the last couple of years and I really just want to get out there and start a life, but then thats another issue, because I have to wait for them to be there for a substantial time before I can apply, so I have to settle for long holidays. Hopefuly my first one will be in January and I am so looking forward to it.:yes:

But at least I've got PIO to keep me going and loads to do around the house, why is it that it really does all start falling apart when you least need it to, have a radiator sprung a leak, have a very large shed that is letting the rain in, have had at least 5 light bulbs go in the last week, the hinges on the cooker door went, the handle/lock has broken of the window. But you know, who cares, I'm going to Oz for a very long holiday:biglaugh:

Archived