Waiting for CP Visa

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi everyone

New to the site,found you by chance after visiting Pomsinmelbourne site.

We are two OAP's just waiting to be allocated a case officer at POPC.We submitted our Contributary Parents Visa application on 17th April 2006 and have had no response yet. I did email POPC early in January asking for some sort of time scale to be told that they were then currently starting to process applications received in March 2006 so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

Our plans are to move to Melbourne where our son Gary lives(Bentleigh) .

Bayside area looks favourite at the moment. It wouldn't seem right to go elsewhere in Oz.

Looking forward to getting out there,the weather here in St Andrews(Fife) is cold and damp.

We'll let you know when the next stage begins, it's been a long time happening.

Mike and Connie

Guest donovan
Hi everyone

New to the site,found you by chance after visiting Pomsinmelbourne site.

We are two OAP's just waiting to be allocated a case officer at POPC.We submitted our Contributary Parents Visa application on 17th April 2006 and have had no response yet. I did email POPC early in January asking for some sort of time scale to be told that they were then currently starting to process applications received in March 2006 so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

Our plans are to move to Melbourne where our son Gary lives(Bentleigh) .

Bayside area looks favourite at the moment. It wouldn't seem right to go elsewhere in Oz.

Looking forward to getting out there,the weather here in St Andrews(Fife) is cold and damp.

We'll let you know when the next stage begins, it's been a long time happening.

Mike and Connie

Welome to the site Mike and Connie everyone on here is really friendly

Sarahx

Hello, Mike and Connie

I'm in the same situation as you, waiting for a CO to be assigned (my application went in in May 2006, with the police check and meds already done, which obviously was a mistake). Also heading for Melbourne! If you check out the Britishexpats forum there is a thread there for contributory parents comparing notes (it's in the Barbie section, and you can do a search to find it). I prefer Pomsinoz but there are some nice people also on the other site, and lots of us parents longing to get out there. Best of luck

Nico

Hi mike and Connie,

i'm new here too, but i was wondering if you don't mind, could you tell me how much it costs for a contributary visa. I was hoping to get my parents to QLD once we get our visa.

Paulhug

Hi Paulhug

Nice to talk to you, we chose the CP visa as we were told the other option would take many years,however it's not cheap.

The first instalment which goes off with your application is AU$ 1305 total,the final instalment is AU$ 27,850 each, also the sponsor-I assume you-will need to put up an Assurance of Support bond of AU$ 14,000.

The bond is repayable after 10 years providing your parents haven't received any "state benefits".

The visa does enable you to register with Medicare,We assume because we haven't contributed to Medicare in the past that's what the sum is for.

Also there is a larger amount of visas granted in this class(sub class 143),

3,500 per year as against 1,000.

If you visit http://www.immi.gov.au and look under Parent Migration,it will tell you everything you need. Booklet 3 should do that for you.

Hope that gives you some idea of the costs.

Good luck

Mike and Connie.

PS These figures are fro 2006 so may be different now.

Archived