calling all teenagers who have made the move

lynnes

We are hoping to move to Brisbane June/July 2009, we have a 17 year old girl who initially way back in the summer when we talked about emigrationg was keen to move. however we have just told her that I (stepmum) have an interview tomorrow for a job and now she is really upset and is not so keen on the idea of leaving all her friends etc. I would really apprectiate some help and advice from teens her age who have made the move, perhaps someone could chat to her on the forum or msn. :chatterbox:

I really dont want to go against her wishes but we really want this opportunity for her. she is currently in her first year of A levels and we are all concerned about how she can finish her studies in oz.

many thanks

Lynne

Hi, My sons name is Luke and he is also 17 years old. We leave for Brisbane on the 8th December and he cant wait to go along with his brother who is 15 (on Saturday).

I'm sure Luke will be happy to chat on msn if she would like to then let us know and I can send you Lukes msn address.

The GCSE's dont count for anything in Aus unfortunately, Luke is going back to school in Aus.

Good luck I am sure it will all turn out ok, she is probably abit nervous like us all

thanks kdal. will be in touch soon with her msn details. She is out at the moment so will talk to her later.

good luck with your move, where about's in brisbane are you heading. we are looking at South Brisbane, hoping for a job at the Mater Hospital

thanks again

lynne

Guest WARDStoOZ
We are hoping to move to Brisbane June/July 2009, we have a 17 year old girl who initially way back in the summer when we talked about emigrationg was keen to move. however we have just told her that I (stepmum) have an interview tomorrow for a job and now she is really upset and is not so keen on the idea of leaving all her friends etc. I would really apprectiate some help and advice from teens her age who have made the move, perhaps someone could chat to her on the forum or msn. :chatterbox:

I really dont want to go against her wishes but we really want this opportunity for her. she is currently in her first year of A levels and we are all concerned about how she can finish her studies in oz.

many thanks

Lynne

Hi! I went to Brisbane in the summer and I absolutely loved it! I'm desperate to move there!

I'm 16 and like your daughter, would leave half way through my A-Levels if we decided to go next summer too.

I am concerned about my sudies too though so anyone's advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. we will all miss our friends but she will make friends very quickly again and she can keep in contact over msn/skype etc.

Good luck!

Dan x

Hiya Lynne , Not too sure whereabouts yet as it will depend where the work is really. We are staying in Chermside for 4 weeks whilst we look for jobs a rental and a school!!

Mrs C on here has 2 teenage girls that moved to the GC recently.

Good Luck Kim

p.s. no problems with Luke if your daughter would like to msg him

Archived