Exchange Rates

Guest Cool_Eyes1974

Guest Cool_Eyes1974

Hi,

Looks like the rates have dropped since last Wednesday, best rate available today around 2.4625. So gutted I missed the 2.6 and 2.7 hope it climbs back up in the near future !!!

Want to trade at at least 2.6

Got my fingers crossed anyone else waiting ?

Steve

Hi,

Looks like the rates have dropped since last Wednesday, best rate available today around 2.4625. So gutted I missed the 2.6 and 2.7 hope it climbs back up in the near future !!!

Want to trade at at least 2.6

Got my fingers crossed anyone else waiting ?

Steve

Yes,

I'm waiting for it to go back down to about $2.00:spinny:

So that I can send some funds back to the UK, and also for the cost of petrol here to start going down with the rest of the world (although I know we still have it good compared to UK). The poor performace against the US$ has meant the cost of fuel has remained the same while the oil price has been coming down.

I would think that the current rate is still fantastic, you might wait a while on it going as high as $2.60. It doesn't do that very often!! The last time I remember it being this high was about 4 years ago.

Hope you get a good rate for your exchange though.

We been in Oz since November last year, and were waiting for the 2.6 again, we missed the boat as well, it's always when your not looking, were locked in at 2.6 but I feel that the rate is only going to slowly go down again, not that I understand how all this works, so we may have to buy at the current rate as we are looking at buying early part of next year.

I'm another who is waiting for it to get back to 2.02 again - like it was in July! It is pretty volatile at the moment and this plummet was within days so who knows where it will go from here. I suspect it will continue to hover around this level for a bit and some pundits were saying it had further to fall. I dont see it going up again in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

whats happening to the exchange rate?

I dont really understand it but I can see its going down everyday. We are completing on our house sale on 7th and wont have much to transfer but I was hoping we could get about $2.50+.

does anyone think it will go back up?

Jill

xxx

Archived