457 Visa Application Question.

xTINKSx

We are in the process of gathering information to submit our 457 visa. After discussions with our sponsor it is our intention to apply for ENSOL permanent visa after 2 years.

I have downloaded the 457 visa and have a couple of questions:

1) Question is asked: "Proposed period of stay in Australia". Can anyone advise me what I should put here - it is our intention to live permanently in Australia subject to approval of a permanant visa in two years time. Should I put this or specify 2 years as a minimum (relevant to this particular visa).

2) Question is asked: "or if you know exact dates". It as been agreed with the employer that she wants us out during February subject to visa being approved by this time. I am aware that 457 visa's can take a relatively short time to be approved and I dont want it to be approved too soon and "eat away" at our visa length. Do you think I should put - from: Feb. 09 to (and then put minimum 2 years).

3) Question is asked: What date do you need your visa by? Again should I put: February '09.

These questions may seem unusual - but like I say the employer had stated on her application to sponsor us that the employment will be a minimum of 2 years (not exactly exact i know). This was due to the fact of the permanant visa application. I am aware that we can get a bridging visa to cover the expiry of the 457 but I thought it best that we get dates straight from the start. How have anyone else dealt with their application where dates are not specific and they intend to apply for permanency after a certain period.

Personal experiences would be greatfully received.

Bye for Now.

Guest horatio8

Hi xTinksx

My understanding of the 457 visa is that it is a tempoary one for 4 years and that you can apply for citizenship or PR after 2 aslong as you fulfil the criteria which in your case I wouldn't know.

All I know is that the 457 is the one I will be able to go to Oz on as I am 45 and that I require an Employer to sponsor me to get there. By all accounts and someone will correct me if I am wrong you still require a sponsor in order to apply for permenant residency once you are there.

Can anyone else shed any light on the matter? as this is what I aim to do all being well with the outlaws!

Steve

Hi xTinksx

All I know is that the 457 is the one I will be able to go to Oz on as I am 45 and that I require an Employer to sponsor me to get there. By all accounts and someone will correct me if I am wrong you still require a sponsor in order to apply for permenant residency once you are there.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

My OH employers are going to sponsor us again, for an ENSOL permanent visa, once the two years work experience has elapsed.

Tinks x

Guest horatio8

No probs

I just noticed that you had posted the issue on another thread with more info. At least I know a bit more now after reading the other 457 thread.

Good luck

Steve

Guest prettyinpink

Proposed period of stay should state 4 years, that's what our migration agent told us to state nas this is the maximum stay on a 457 visa. If your employer is willing to sponsor you for perm residency you can apply after your 1st 2 years in Australia. Hope this helps.

Archived