Cheapest way to ship a few goods home

Guest stmatt

Hi

I'm coming towards the end of a year in Oz and starting to think of my return journey. Anyway we've managed to accumulate a few things that I'd like to take back home, mostly kids books and a few toys. What would be the cheapest way to do this? I was going to try and get it all in a luggage but realised that we've actually bought quite a few heavy books. At the moment it seems as though it will be cheaper to just replace everything when we get home but I'm hoping somebody can come up with a better solution for me. I would probably have a small box of stuff.

Karen

Guest Barry78

It depends on what the goods are worth? If they are heavy you could try and send it by seafreight, I think this may be the cheapest way of sending your goods back?

If they didn't cost you a lot then I may just be tempted to buy them when you get back home.

Hi,

The problem is that they're not valuable but have great sentimental value to the kids and would be difficult to replace back in the UK. I looked at the cost of sea-freight and it seems quite pricey. I've just found out that my MIL is coming for a visit in a month so I've warned her not to bring too many clothes and hopefully she can take a load home with her.

Archived