Graduate Nurse positions and other stuff...

o'connors

Hello all,

I'm currently studying for a DipHE Adult Nursing qualifying (fingers crossed!!) in 2010, emigrating under my hubby as a gas fitter or plumber and hope to go as soon as I'm qualified I've read something about needing 12months experience to get a job in Oz and I'd need to apply for a Graduate position as a newbie, what is this? Is there a few Graduate jobs out there...??

Also, if I'm not applying under me do I still need to get my skills assessed ? Is it better to do this in Oz or from here so that I can start working straight away.

Going under 175 permanent residency....

Questions, questions!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

The O'Connors

Guest gibbboe
Hello all,

I'm currently studying for a DipHE Adult Nursing qualifying (fingers crossed!!) in 2010, emigrating under my hubby as a gas fitter or plumber and hope to go as soon as I'm qualified I've read something about needing 12months experience to get a job in Oz and I'd need to apply for a Graduate position as a newbie, what is this? Is there a few Graduate jobs out there...??

Also, if I'm not applying under me do I still need to get my skills assessed ? Is it better to do this in Oz or from here so that I can start working straight away.

Questions, questions!

Hiya

I know a tiny bit about this but I am sure other nurse will fill in the gaps.....I am also a student nurse due to graduate in 2009. I have an informal offer for a new grad nurse scheme. I got this by contacting health boards and having a couple of interviews. However, they do not tend to make formal offers till you have qualified and passed your skills assessement. This is more straightforward than it sounds...Just get your nursing pin (when qualified) and arrange with NMC for details to be forwarded to whichever Oz nursing board you will be nursing with. The skills assessment for you, just means your uni will need to send the transcripts of your course to the Oz nursing board.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi o'connors,

I wondered if there was an update on the situation, and if you have managed to find out whether or not you need to apply for a graduate position or not.

Guest rossifan

Hope hubby has all the correct qualifications when he gets here as alot of the UK ones aren't recognised here, my hubby was in the same trade and had to go to TAFE(technical college) for a couple of days a week to get his equivalent australian qualification. This process took him a couple of years. He was fully City & Guilds trade qualified in the Uk.

• 3 months later...

sorry guys,

been really busy with things recently and not been on site for ages, i've not got any further on this. Have e-mailed rellies in brisbane to get the inside track and browsed PIO website for info from others about graduate scheme so will start investigating and promise to let you know what I find out !! sorry again for the long delay in replying time just runs away with you sometimes!!

sorry for the long delay in replying, been really busy and the weeks just fly by!

No, he hasn't got any written qualifications he never finished his nvq, although he runs his own business here, so looks like he'll have to go down the same route as your hubby, can he work as a labourer or unqualified until he gets his qualifications? does corgi registration count for anything?

Hello all' date='

Questions, questions!

Hiya

I know a tiny bit about this but I am sure other nurse will fill in the gaps.....I am also a student nurse due to graduate in 2009. I have an informal offer for a new grad nurse scheme. I got this by contacting health boards and having a couple of interviews. However, they do not tend to make formal offers till you have qualified and passed your skills assessement. This is more straightforward than it sounds...Just get your nursing pin (when qualified) and arrange with NMC for details to be forwarded to whichever Oz nursing board you will be nursing with. The skills assessment for you, just means your uni will need to send the transcripts of your course to the Oz nursing board.[/quote']

thanks for your reply, really useful info and apologies for not replying for ages, all this study and normal life can get busy!

Do you know anyone that's doing the scheme? what happens at the end can't imagine they'd ship you back after training you? do you know what visa you go under?

Archived