Moving to Perth - Should we bring white goods?

Guest nkopke

Hi everyone

We are moving to Perth in December and are about to start packing up the house. We are not sure if it is worth bringing our white goods with us as we wish to rent first. Do Aussie rentals include white goods and fridges? We have an American fridge and also not sure if we should bring that? Can anyone offer advice based on their experience?

Thanks

Hi everyone

We are moving to Perth in December and are about to start packing up the house. We are not sure if it is worth bringing our white goods with us as we wish to rent first. Do Aussie rentals include white goods and fridges? We have an American fridge and also not sure if we should bring that? Can anyone offer advice based on their experience?

Thanks

HI ....YOU CAN RENT HOUSES THAT ARE FULLY FURNISHED ...BUT THEY TEND TO BE QUITE EXPENSIVE ....AT LEAST $150 MORE PER WEEK .... TRY THIS SITE TO PRICE WHITE GOODS ...The Good Guys ....THEIR PRICES ARE ON THE SAME PAR AS OURS

MRS KEILY

Hi everyone

Thanks

If you are renting you cant rent an unfurnished place without physically seeing it and you need refs, if you ship your stuff depending on timescale you are obviously going to either need a furnished place or hotel we stopped in 2 hol lets good thing is you can get a ref from your landlord when you want to rent a long term. White goods are more expensive but it all comes down to exchange rate but cost per wages here are more expensive than uk. Defo bring fridge in fact bring the lot cause you will gewt sweet fa in the uk for them if you sell

M from K

Guest tracynben

hi there

we moved over 2 years ago, and brought a lot of stuff, obviously theres no point in bringin a cooker, but we have been in 3 different reantals and they have always had a fitted oven. You will need to buy a new fridge over here, as the fan needs to be stronger than uk ones.

You can bring electrical equipment, we brought all ours and it all works, but double check first just in case, but you will need to change the plugs, my partner is an electrician so he did it himself.

i wouldnt bother with kettle and less expensive things like that, but if you are gonna ship bring all cultery and stuff, as it costs more than you think to replace it all.

Anything else you need to know just ask

tracy xxx

Guest prettyinpink

Hiya, we had the same dilemma when we came out 5 weeks ago. I was told to bring my washer and fridge freezer but as it happens we negotiated them into our house sale.

We have moved into our rental now, they tend to come complete with oven and hob (usually built in in my experience). You are likely to need fridge/washer when you rent and fully furnished rentals can be quite hard to find. You're certainIy going to need something while you wait for your personal effects and furniture to arrive. I would suggest that you sell what you've got at home and bring that cash with you. I went to The Good Guys store with $2000 and managed to get a new washer, iron, laptop and a side by side fridge freezer (the big american style ones). We got a big reduction because we paid cash, that happens quite a bit over here so you can usually negotiate a good deal. Other than The Good Guys, there is Fridge And Washer City and Retrovision, I'm sure they have websites for you to have a nosey at. Hope that helps.

Archived