Toy Shops in Perth

Please excuse my ignorance but please can anyone tell me whether the children's toys available in Perth are similar to the UK or completely different.

We'll be arriving within a week or two of Christmas and my 5 year old has already submitted his list to Santa (in triplicate by letter, email & text!)

To give you some idea he wants a Ben 10 Deluxe Omnitrix & every other Ben 10 toy you can name (even though our container will be half full of them already!), a Nerf Score Board, Alien Maker, Storm Hawks Sword, Odd Bods etc. etc.

Basically if it's advertised on Cartoon Network he wants it!

Now I'm looking forward to a life less dominated by the TV and material goods but he's 5, he doesn't want to go to Australia & not getting the toys he wants for Christmas will not start things off on the right foot.

So do I buy here and air freight (costing more than the toys themselves no doubt!) or will I be able to get most things there.

Someone mentioned elsewhere a Toys R' Us - is there one in Perth? How similar is the stock?

Jules

There's a toys R us here, but not like the massive one we had in our own town. K Mart, Big W and Target all have toy department, don't know about all the stuff you mentioned but heaps of Ben 10 stuff. Garden City in Booragoon even has an early learning centre

Although it doesn't help you this year - in July Target, K Mart and Big W usually have a big Toy Sale, they get in heaps of stock particularly for this and you can save loads of money and get the bulk of your pressies bought then. You can put them on layby, and pay so much every 2 weeks - but the store will hold them for you (meaning you don't have to find places to hide them).

Hope this helps

Ali x

Thank you!

I have decided to get one or two key things & hope for the best on the rest. There's also a risk that his 'wants' change when he see's what all the other kids in Oz have!

J

Oh I know, my friend was furious just before Christmas her son's nursery got them doing Christmas lists and her son was devasted that Santa didn't bring the 'workbench' he wanted - she didn't even know!

This is good to know as we'll be on our reccy at Christmas time (09 unfortunately not 08!) and already wondering what to do about presents! x

Archived