Food allergies

restfamily

Hi

My daugther is allergic to milk and we either give her milk free prescription formula or rice milk. Does anyone know if we can get these in Oz?

Also I do not want to be in a rush to find it when we arrive, so am I going to be okay to take tins and tins of prescription formulae (white power!!) on the plane and ship some aswell?

just concerned it may look a bit dodgy!

She is also serverly allergic to eggs for which we carry adrenaline injections. I have contacted several travel agents and airlines and got a differing response from them all on what they can do to help us on our 24 hour journey. The airlines will only provide a Vegan meal, and I can not imagine that will be really suitable for a on year old or that they wont forget it on the day, so I have asked if i can take my own food. I have had varying responses from no to yes but you must taste it and I was wondering has anyone else done it?

Also one travel agent said that we could not take the injections through security ourselves so we have to hand them in at check in and get them back on the plane. Please tell me this is not the case, surely they do not expect people to part with lifesaving emergency drugs at check-in nowadays?

Yes, you can get all kinds of dairy free goodies in Australia including rice milk, soya milk, etc.

If you need specific food for your daughter on the journey to Australia, I would have to recommend that you travel with Singapore Airlines. They have an excellent selection of special diet menues and I'm certian they will not forget you. You can double check online that they have your request in place, which is comforting. Also, I think you will be able to arrange beforehand to have your daughters medication given to the crew prior to departure. Rather than go through the travel agent, book directly with Singapore Airlines. I have done this on several occasions, travelling with two children and have never had any problems whatsoever. They are absolutely brilliant.

Guest leanneandmark

A freinds son has allergys to everything including MSG thats in everything and he carries adrenaline for nuts and eggs. He was living is oz when diagnosed and flew back here at 4 yrs old she takes his food every where with her even restaurants i think most have to conform due to discrimination laws or something.!!!!

hi my sons allergic to dairy milk to and we took tons of soya milk out there to brisbane but do get a letter from doctor aswell to say its prescribed.

however how severe is the allergy to milk?

reason being my son didnt react to milk and dairy produbts out there and we went to brisbane he had yoghurt, custards and milks i know its weird but he didnt react at all.... thats y we want to move.....

docs here dont do anything

hinx

My daugther is allergic to milk and we either give her milk free prescription formula or rice milk. Does anyone know if we can get these in Oz?

Also I do not want to be in a rush to find it when we arrive, so am I going to be okay to take tins and tins of prescription formulae (white power!!) on the plane and ship some aswell?

just concerned it may look a bit dodgy!

She is also serverly allergic to eggs for which we carry adrenaline injections. I have contacted several travel agents and airlines and got a differing response from them all on what they can do to help us on our 24 hour journey. The airlines will only provide a Vegan meal, and I can not imagine that will be really suitable for a on year old or that they wont forget it on the day, so I have asked if i can take my own food. I have had varying responses from no to yes but you must taste it and I was wondering has anyone else done it?

Also one travel agent said that we could not take the injections through security ourselves so we have to hand them in at check in and get them back on the plane. Please tell me this is not the case, surely they do not expect people to part with lifesaving emergency drugs at check-in nowadays?

interesting. My dd milk reaction is minor, and was only really an issue as an infant. Its eggs that are the problem as she only has to touch an egg to risk have a servere reaction.

They GP is writing me letter to take the injections and milk formula, so fingers crossed I'll be okay.

Archived