How many hrs for stopover???

Guest Angelcake

Guest Angelcake

Just wondering what a decent amount of time is for a stopover en route to Aus.

Ive got a 5 yr old and 2.5 yr old twins and want enough time for them to run around and stretch their legs, but not too long that they start getting bored and life becomes difficult.

Ive got two quotes so far, one has a stopover for 2.5hr hours the other 4 hrs. Just wondered what you think and how long you had at the airport?

Thanks

Angelcake

Guest traybears

hi angelcake,as you know we're not gone yet but we have 2 and a half hours stop off.should be enough time to have something to eat and chill.lol.chill.....i know i know .....as if!what dates you looking at?tracy.xx.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Angelcake

We went for a 8 hour stop over and booked in to the transit hotel for 6 hours, where we all just crashed, we then had a shower and a swim in the pool and then went for a look around the airport. Time just flew and we felt so refreshed for the next leg of the journey.

Guest Angelcake
hi angelcake,as you know we're not gone yet but we have 2 and a half hours stop off.should be enough time to have something to eat and chill.lol.chill.....i know i know .....as if!what dates you looking at?tracy.xx.

Ha ha ..Chill isnt exactly the word that springs to mind is it????:wacko:

Im looking at dates from 13th Nov onwards, got quotes for 18th aswell.

When do you go? Who are you flying with and who did you book through??

Ive got to book it today so fingers crossed

A

Guest gary12
Hi Angelcake

We went for a 8 hour stop over and booked in to the transit hotel for 6 hours, where we all just crashed, we then had a shower and a swim in the pool and then went for a look around the airport. Time just flew and we felt so refreshed for the next leg of the journey.

This is what we did only my husband and I took turns to sleep whilst the other kept the children entertained. By the time we had something to eat and a shower it was time to get the next flight. The children crashed out the minute they got on the plane and we had to wake them to get off in Melbourne.

We have only flown via Singapore and it is super. Thanks to Cal giving directions to the play area. (past the fish ponds, after Planet Hollywood). There is a small play area with climbing frame and a big tv for the children with comfy chairs for them.

best of luck

Michelle

Guest prettyinpink

We flew Singapore Airlines and had 3 hours stopover. Emirates offered just an hour but if your UK flight is slightly delayed it would mean the connection would be really tight.

We found 3 hours just enough to call mums (yes, we're in Singapore, yes we're safe, yes we've eaten etc etc), have a bite to eat, stretch our legs and freshen up.

Plus Changi Airport has a really nice butterfly garden recently opened, where you can watch them eat, hatch and they fly onto you as you wander around.

Guest JoanneHattersley

We came via States. We had 2 1/2 hours in LA. Enough time to get through customs and have food. Then we have 4 hrs in Auckland where we showered, changed and had brekky and then went onto Brissie. Air NZ were fantastic and we got a massive 64kg each luggage allowance in Economy!

Dont bother with a stop over - just book straight through. There will always be a refuelling stop where you get out for about an hour or so, just enough time to have a run and a stretch and maybe buy something duty free then back on the plane. Get it all over with in one hit rather than having to hang around an airport for several hours.

Guest traybears

hi hun,thought you'd enjoy the 'chill' bit.lol.we booked with cheap tickets.flying with singapore airlines,double baggage.on 26th november.was £3326 for the 6 of us.tracy.xx.

ha ha ..chill isnt exactly the word that springs to mind is it????:wacko:

Im looking at dates from 13th nov onwards, got quotes for 18th aswell.

When do you go? Who are you flying with and who did you book through??

Ive got to book it today so fingers crossed

a

When we went over for our hols in August we booked a three day stop in Tokyo.

While it was great to see a bit of Tokyo (definitely not the right time of year to do it though!) I found that we had to get through two lots of jet lag. I am thinking of doing it all in one go next time,,,,would be interested in hearing from any who have done both.

Guest Lee&Tab

We flew 6 weeks ago with Qantas from Heathrow & was meant to have 1 hr stop in Singapore but plane was late leaving so when we got off in Singapore had to board next flight straight away tiring but you get over it

Guest sean,marie & gang

We flew qantas and had an hour stop in singapore. It was great just enough time to stretch. At the time we had a 11 month, 3 year old, 8yr and 10yr and it was fine. I think if we had any more time the kids would have got up to mischeif!!!!

Good luck.

Marie x

Guest Angelcake
We flew qantas and had an hour stop in singapore. It was great just enough time to stretch. At the time we had a 11 month, 3 year old, 8yr and 10yr and it was fine. I think if we had any more time the kids would have got up to mischeif!!!!

Good luck.

Marie x

Holy Moly Marie, I take my hat off to you!! :notworthy: 4 Children and you managed that horrendous journey without any problems.

Must admit, Im not looking forward to it.

Angelcake

• 2 weeks later...

I would personally, agree with Quoll...just get there asap...BUT...just for info, there is a swimming pool at Singapore Airport. If you have long enough, you could wear them out with a quick swim and they may well sleep for most of the 2nd part of the journey.

Good luck

We flew Manchester-Dubai-Singapore-Brisbane, with Emirates, and had an hour/hour and a half-ish at each stopover. Our kids were 4, 2 and 15 months. We weren't exactly rushing, but had no time to look in any shops, get properly fed and watered etc. Conversely, we weren't struggling for hours with the kids running wild in an airport! With small kids, don't think you can win whatever you do! Mine did sleep a lot on the flights though, hope yours do too; best you can hope for really!

Best of luck,

Jo

Archived