House valuations

hope2

I am a complete house seller virgin and just had 2 estate agents round and there's a huge difference in the valuations! There's 50k difference between them :goofy: Is this normal or is one or the other on a different planet?????????

Third EA just about to come round so see what they say..........

I am a complete house seller virgin and just had 2 estate agents round and there's a huge difference in the valuations! There's 50k difference between them :goofy: Is this normal or is one or the other on a different planet?????????

Third EA just about to come round so see what they say..........

I'm a mortgage broker and I have to say that a £50K difference is a hell of a lot.

Try going on here Hometrack | The UK's Leading Housing Intelligence Business and put your postcode in on the right hand side where it says value your property (it's free) and it will bring up a list of all the properties sold in and around your area.

This is the site that most conveyansers use and is also the site that is used by many lenders for AVM's (Automated valuation models)

Howard :)

Hi hope 2 ....as i write this we are waiting for ea to come round to value ours .....we kinda know in our own minds what the houses in our area are worth and what people are willing to pay for them .....will try and post later and let you know if ea valuation is similar !!!! ...thats if i have any energy left lol

mrs keily

Guest mandisfam

Hi there, hmmmm 50k is a big difference. We had 2 EA's come and value our house last week. The 1st one valued it at the exact price we thought, the 2nd was 5k less. Although, he was very sure that we were wanting to sell for financial reasons ie we were struggling to pay the mortage, even though we told him this wasn't the case. It was very clear he didn't believe us.

We never told either EA that we were selling due to moving to oz. Might start another thread on this point.

Good luck with EA and do let us know how you get on.

Mandisfam

Thanks guys!

Just had the third one round and it's made things easier. Have come to the conclusion that the outrageously high quote was from an EA desperate for sellers and thought the higher price would entice me. I made it clear that I was having 3 companies round and would choose between them.

So as it goes.... it's made the choice very easy! The last one quoted around the same as the first (the lowest quote) but were crap... so easy to choose!

Now to pay for the HIP - have found £199 inc on the web so going for that!

Good luck to you too Mandisfarm and Keily and thanks for advice Howard :)

Let me know how you get on aswell!

Back to mountain of things to do!

Guest Petra & Dave
Hi

We didn't realise you could book HIP on your own and have booked the EA one at £399, he coming in the morning BOO..

How much I would cancel that its way to expensive we only paid £199 from our EA and don't forget when you change estate agents or go multiple agencies that they can share the one hips

Dave

Well guys just had ea round and guess what .....she valued it £10000 more than we had initially thought !!!!!!!! .....mind you i suppose its only worth what people are prepared to pay for it ...so fingers crossed ... Need to head into town now as we touched up kitchen paintwork ...and its the wrong bl**dy shade .....its just never unending lol

mrs keily

Guest mandisfam
Hi

We didnt realise you could book HIP on your own and have booked the EA one at £399, he coming in the morning BOO..

Hi, yes definately cancel. One of the EA's that came to me, said that EA's HIPs are a money making ploy. The EA is getting a cut of that £399. On top of the fee you are already paying him/her to market your house.

This EA said to me he doesn't care where we get the HIP as long as he has proof we have paid for it, he can market the house. He said don;t believe any spill about these cheap HIPS not being very good. As he said they are just like your car tax, you just need the bit of paper so you can market house, just like you need a little round piece of paper eg car tax to drive your car. As for searches etc he said all solictors re do them anyway, so don't get fooled into be told they searches wont be done properly if you go with a cheap HIP.

The cheapest HIP around at the moment is about £199 mark.

Good Luck

Mandisfam

Hi JAS,

GO ON TO MY PROPERTY SPY YOU HAVE TO REGISTER BUT ITS FREE, TYPE IN YOUR RD AND IT WILL SHOW YOU WHAT OTHER HOUSES HAVE SOLD FOR RECENTLY,

BUT GET AS MANY E/A AS POSSIBLE GO A LITTLE HIGHER THAN YOU WANT AT LEAST YOU CAN DROP IF NEED BE,

HAVE FUN DAWN ( done your page yet lol )

Hi JAS,

GO ON TO MY PROPERTY SPY YOU HAVE TO REGISTER BUT ITS FREE, TYPE IN YOUR RD AND IT WILL SHOW YOU WHAT OTHER HOUSES HAVE SOLD FOR RECENTLY,

BUT GET AS MANY E/A AS POSSIBLE GO A LITTLE HIGHER THAN YOU WANT AT LEAST YOU CAN DROP IF NEED BE,

HAVE FUN DAWN ( done your page yet lol )

Hi Dawny

PMSL No haven't done my page yet because I've got a secret weapon.... my 12 year old is a whizz at that stuff, so I'm gonna get her to help!!!! My competitive side's coming out again lol! But I can assure you - they'll be no shades needed on my page :biglaugh:

Guest julie2g1b

hi just wanted to wish you all luck as a right nightmare at the mo trying to sell all EA are as bad as each other promise the world....................

we did our hip's on the net only cost £159 plus there yours to keep some EA say that it is there's even though you have payed for it, so if you do swop agents you may have to pay out again so read the small print if you do decide to use EA.

julie :wubclub:

Guest julie2g1b
How often do you have to renew the HIP or is it a one off, sorry i'm a first time seller xx

its a one off if you have done it yourself read what i put in my post

Guest jogrant3232
its a one off if you have done it yourself read what i put in my post

My understanding is that HIPs last 12 onths then you need to do a new one, i was told this as mine was nearly up for renewal, luckily the house sold so i didnt get to find out, so come on soebody out there give us the definative answer.

My understanding is that HIPs last 12 onths then you need to do a new one, i was told this as mine was nearly up for renewal, luckily the house sold so i didnt get to find out, so come on soebody out there give us the definative answer.

Yep - completely agree. I read this morning that they're valid for 12 months but you only have 3 months from getting the HIP done to putting on the market or you have to redo (doesn't really make sense but what does????)

Archived