Best time to visit?

Guest JLT

We're wondering if we should do our Perth reccy in July/Aug. We'd planned to wait til Christmas 09 but that's just so far away! But are we best being patient and waiting til Christmas for the guaranteed sunshine and to get an idea of how hot it really gets?!

All thoughts and comments welcome.

Cheers

Jo x

Hi Jo & Family,

The one thing I will mention that I found, when we were planning a reccie at Xmas time (we didnt have one in the end) was that 1/ the flights get booked really far in advance & 2/ they are really expensive, as there are alot of people going for Xmas...obviously!

Unless you really want to spend Xmas in Australia, mayby out of season mayby a better option?

(sorry just re-read your thread & your thinking of testing the heat...Mmm, we thought of that too, but apparantly, when you live there you do acclimatise anyway somewhat!)

Good luck whatever you decide.

Kelly. :smile:

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Jo

Try going around October time or easter maybe. I can tell you it does get very hot Xmas time. We were there for 4 weeks. As long as you are doing something it was fine. Make sure the kids have there suncream and hats on. To be honest with you I would probably go November and come back before Christmas. Christmas is so different in Oz and I felt like we had missed it.My son was gutted Christmas day as we couldnt get him alot as we had to bring it back. They dont seem to celabrate Christmas like we do here.

Hi Jo

Try going around October time or easter maybe. I can tell you it does get very hot Xmas time. We were there for 4 weeks. As long as you are doing something it was fine. Make sure the kids have there suncream and hats on. To be honest with you I would probably go November and come back before Christmas. Christmas is so different in Oz and I felt like we had missed it.My son was gutted Christmas day as we couldnt get him alot as we had to bring it back. They dont seem to celabrate Christmas like we do here.

Hi Jo,

Thanks. November would be great but don't think school would be too happy about that! We did think Easter but David can't really do Easter with work. Our only windows therefore are July/Aug or Christmas.

Decisions, decisions...

Jo x

Some things do close over winter - such as the Rockingham encounters, Adventure world etc., and re-open in September, so do check out things you may want to do first to make sure they'll be open. I personally found this winter really cold this year, and seasoned aussies also said it was really cold. We didn't use the pool at all and hardly sat out in the evening at all. Hubbys brother is looking at coming at Easter, but said the flights are quite expensive. What about the February?

Ali

Archived