'Where to Live Guides' Are priceless!

cartertucker

Hiya,

My 'Where to Live Guide - Gold Coast' arrived this morning & its briliant, so I had to come here & let you all know! :jiggy:

If you have a rough idea of where you want to go, but are getting confused by so many suburbs (like I was) this is a must buy!

I wasnt sure at first, as ive bought so many books lately! But this is fab, it details the suburbs really well.

It covers:

Suburb profile

History

Economy

Transport

Best Streets

Smart Buy

Dwelling Types

Community

Medical

Education

Shopping (yey!)

Leisure

Distance too....

I think I may even buy the Brisbane one next!

Kelly :smile:

P.S Amazon sell the Brisbane & Gold Coast ones, im not sure where the others are for sale?

Had no idea you could buy a Where to live guide, do they do them for all the states as i would like to go to Melbourne but want to check out all the area's. Where can I get one from?

carol - in leeds at the minute

I have the brisbane one and people always ask where they can get them ,amazon seem to hhave stopped selling them ,so tell us your secret???????? where did ya get it???lol

Cal x

Hiya,

Amazon are defo selling the 'Gold Coast' & 'Brisbane' Guides....But you can also buy the 'Brisbane' guide at..Consyl Publishing (link below) they have lots of other books too

Consyl Publishing & Publicity Ltd

Hope this helps..:cute:

Guest The Pom Queen
My GC one arrived yesterday, bit disappointed as they don't include the 2 places we are keen on :no:

Tracey you could always ask Cal, she is an expert on the Gold Coast:cute:

Guest Tracey from Braintree
Tracey you could always ask Cal, she is an expert on the Gold Coast:cute:

lol It's coz of Cal's comments I am busy looking at Jimboomba and Tamborine, she's got me hooked! Neither are in the Gold Coast book though!

Guest The Pom Queen
lol It's coz of Cal's comments I am busy looking at Jimboomba and Tamborine, she's got me hooked! Neither are in the Gold Coast book though!

So Cal it's your fault that poor Tracey is hooked on finding out about these suburbs:biglaugh:

Is it o'reilly's that is in the Tamborine Mountains, it is absolutely stunning up there although I nearly had an heart attack driving up, it was after the floods last Christmas and there were mud slides across the road and trees down and the bridge at the bottom over the river was hanging on by a thread.

If there was a helicopter that could take you up and down the mountain I would live there definately, apart from Wilsons Prom in Melbourne it is one of the most beautiful places we have visited.

Hiya Tracey,

When I get my 'Brisbane' book through (yes ive already ordered it!) I'll let you know if they are in that one, save you ordering that one too & then it not being in it...:yes:

Hiya Tracey,

When I get my 'Brisbane' book through (yes ive already ordered it!) I'll let you know if they are in that one, save you ordering that one too & then it not being in it...

That's kind Kelly but I already have it and they are not there either! If you remember it was me that recommended the books to you LOL :biglaugh:

That's kind Kelly but I already have it and they are not there either! If you remember it was me that recommended the books to you LOL

Oh yes, I do remember, just didnt know which ones you had already! :wacko:

Thats a shame those areas arent in either book then! :0(

As M2M says you may have to ask other members 4more advice!

Its elite personel only in Jimboomba you know ,we like keeping our secrets to ourselves down here,lol. Up until last year we came under Beaudesert shire ,if you look on a map ,beaudesert,goldcoast and brisbane all meet ,we are on the border of them all. We are now classed as far south Loganshire.

The Brisbane guide i have stops at Greenbank 5 mins up the road,lol, so you cant win unfortunately ,lol sorry ,maybe youll just have to trust me ! lol

Not sure why Tamborine isnt in the Brisbane one ,i know that was split in the council amalgamations too ,try doing a search for scenic rim council and see if they are covering Tamborine ,as kate said its famous in its own right so info on Tamborine should be quite easy to find ,look for Eagle Helghts(stunning) and definately the place id move too if i was going up there,would be too cold in winter for me,lol.

Cal x

So Cal it's your fault that poor Tracey is hooked on finding out about these suburbs:biglaugh:

Is it o'reilly's that is in the Tamborine Mountains, it is absolutely stunning up there although I nearly had an heart attack driving up, it was after the floods last Christmas and there were mud slides across the road and trees down and the bridge at the bottom over the river was hanging on by a thread.

If there was a helicopter that could take you up and down the mountain I would live there definately, apart from Wilsons Prom in Melbourne it is one of the most beautiful places we have visited.

O'reilys is at the top of the other one via Canungra isnt it? where the birds & parrots all land on you and the watchdeck for the cafe seems like its suspended in mid air? I think anywere around Canungra and Mt Tamborine you will find some stunning scenery,Hinze Dam a bit further on is a must see next time your up here .

Cal x

Its elite personel only in Jimboomba you know ,we like keeping our secrets to ourselves down here,lol. Up until last year we came under Beaudesert shire ,if you look on a map ,beaudesert,goldcoast and brisbane all meet ,we are on the border of them all. We are now classed as far south Loganshire.

The Brisbane guide i have stops at Greenbank 5 mins up the road,lol, so you cant win unfortunately ,lol sorry ,maybe youll just have to trust me ! lol

Not sure why Tamborine isnt in the Brisbane one ,i know that was split in the council amalgamations too ,try doing a search for scenic rim council and see if they are covering Tamborine ,as kate said its famous in its own right so info on Tamborine should be quite easy to find ,look for Eagle Helghts(stunning) and definately the place id move too if i was going up there,would be too cold in winter for me,lol.

Cal x

I'll have you know I'm great at secrets :chatterbox: lol I haven't even told the OH we are moving to Oz yet :biglaugh:

Thanks for all the info. you give, it's much appreciated.

Archived