Removal quotes

Cob

hi everyone

we are off to the Mornington Peninsula, hopefuly by the end of jan 09.

can anyone recommend the names of reliable removal companies so we can get some quotes on containers etc. It will be a large household move, no pets to worry about though. Also are there any airlines that are helpful on excess baggage?

cath

I have just booked my removal with Doree Boner there qoute was VERY good as was the guy who did the survey. I had 6 companies round in total. Have to let you know how well they actually do with the removal bit as they pick up our stuff on the 6th October

Guest tim_the_taf
hi everyone

we are off to the Mornington Peninsula, hopefuly by the end of jan 09.

can anyone recommend the names of reliable removal companies so we can get some quotes on containers etc. It will be a large household move, no pets to worry about though. Also are there any airlines that are helpful on excess baggage?

cath

I reckon Singapore Airlines are the best for migrants. We moved to Perth with them last year, they gave us 30kg each on a 457 visa. We're moving back with Cathay and they won't give us any extra at all. We used b r i t a n n i a for moving, but I wouldn't recommend them. Their groupage was really slow and we had breakages because they hadn't packed the goods in the cartons concerned. There wasn't any wrapping/ bubble wrap etc. at all, so as you can imagine, the stuff was wrecked.

Hi Cath.

We would recommend John Mason as your packers. Faultless service. Everything packed very well. Not one thing broken or damaged in any way. The guys at this end, Kent Movers, were just as good. They even came back to pick up emptied boxes a couple of weeks ago AND took away some boxes, cardboard, etc. that waren't even anything to do with them. They probably weren't the cheapest around, but worth every penny to us. You are also able to track your container online so we could check its progress whenever we wanted.

T xx

Archived