State sponsorship accepted - whats the timescale for residency

trall

We have been accepted for SA state sponsorship and our agent is sending off our application Monday. Someone has mentioned that the normal 5years to take up residency does not apply for state sponsorship and that we will only have 2 years. any advice greatly appreciated

:wubclub: THANK YOU

Guest sanders family

Hi we have a state sponsor from victoria just got the visa and we have till 8 aug to vailated then 5 yrs to move there, all i have been told by agent that once i'm out there for good i have to contact vic gov and now and then they will send me questionaires to fill in. I haven't heard any different so hope that is still correct.

Thanks, that what I thought but then my friend said that the state wouldn't wait that long for a trade to come in.... it kind of made sense what they were saying that's why I wanted to check.

When are you guys going down now you have your visa?

Guest sanders family

Hi we are going to victoria july 09 we have to vailated by 8 aug. We have just got our passports back today and it has the golden ticket in it and it also says on that we have till 4 sept 2013 to have moved over. Hope all goes well for you good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heligan2005

what do you have to do to get a sponsorship? i'm a nurse but need permanent residency permit (age) and i will have to work in probably adelaide for 2 yrs. do i apply tot he government or do i apply to hospitals to sponsor me? ta!:cute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What proof do you need of your financial capacity to get the sponsorship agreed?

I'm most way through the application and have downloaded the proforma on which you state what funding you have, but it gives no indication whether you need to send any proof (bank statements, house valuation, etc).

Can anyone tell me which of the above are required, or is it purely a matter of ticking the box marked "I have enough funds to support myself", filling in the form and they just take you at your word?

We have the money, but just want to make sure that we dont get rejected or waste time not sending the right documents first time.

Did you have to show the notary any proof?

Any replies much appreciated

Rover

Guest sanders family
what do you have to do to get a sponsorship? i'm a nurse but need permanent residency permit (age) and i will have to work in probably adelaide for 2 yrs. do i apply tot he government or do i apply to hospitals to sponsor me? ta!:cute:

Hi if your job is on the demand list in one of the states then you can go for permanent visa 176 sponsor visa. they do not give you any finanical support they just need you in their state i think that is correct if not im sure someone will tell you.

Archived