Very strange ideas about what OZ is like.

Guest ozboy

just woke confused about private E-mail post deleted? as I have not posted lately. Now have found out that my teenage son has found it is a laugh to wind people up sorry ozboy.now have changed pass word to comp.

I've had that experience,didn't know you could change password so other people can't use your log in name??

How do you do that??

Ive snorkeled quite a bit around the coast of Vic where the Great White frequents and never got bit once....not that I know of anyway....:cute:

why would a shark want to chomp on an old aussie rump when he could have his choice of prime pommie beef:biglaugh:

Ive snorkeled quite a bit around the coast of Vic where the Great White frequents and never got bit once....not that I know of anyway....:cute:

l think around 2 or 3 people are killed by sharks a year compared to around 300 drowning in the ocean so l think sharks are probably an over rated danger, if you stick to popular swimming beaches its nothing to worry about. l think l read somewhere your more likely to be struck by lightning while swimming in the ocean then attacked by a shark. But there probably are some beaches in remote areas where sharks are a real danger.

Guest tony and sheena

Is it true that all Aussie men have bronzed, shiny, toned bodies with huge muscles?

Oh yeah, and shaggy blonde hair!!:jiggy:

(or is that just Geoffrey)?:chatterbox:

Sheena

Guest tony and sheena
Sheena its true and they are all about 6 ft tall and drive BMW's ,lol

Cal x

Mmm, you know what they say about men with flash cars, trying to compensate and all that!

Whereas that bloke in Aldo's post (think it might actually BE Aldo!), might be a bit sore on the eye, but driving a pick up!

Sheena

Guest yvonne and paul
From reading this and other immigration forums alot of people who have never been to OZ before have some very strange ideas about what OZ is like. Alot of people seems to think,

Its 40c degrees every day,

It Never rains,

Theres no crime but the biggest danger in deadly snakes , spiders and crocs which are crawling all over your suburban back yard waiting for a chance to jump out and kill you.

You can spend more time with your family downunder because people don't work anywhere as near long hours as in the UK.

You can buy a four bedroom house with a pool on the beach for $200,000.

Neighbours and Home and away are accurate representations of what life downunder in like.

Ayres Rock and the outback is about 1 hours drive outside Sydney and its takes a few hours to drive from Perth to Adelaide.

Theres no mountains or hills in OZ the countrysides all flat.

If you go swimming in the ocean theres a pack of sharks just waiting there to eat you , sharks are the biggest danger at he beach not getting caught in a rip and drowning.

Because of the hole in the ozone layer over OZ people can't leave their houses during the day or they drop dead of skin cancer.

Apart from Sydney theres no sealed roads in OZ only dusty run down dirt roads and you need to drive a 4wheel drive to get around.

Bring lots of bottled water with you its not safe to drink the water in OZ.

Anyone else heard any strange things people have said about OZ?

Let me get this right, are you telling me all the above is a load of tosh?

Well thank you very much for that, you have just burst my bubble:arghh:

I'll have to start all over again now and look for somewhere else to migrate to.

I can't believe it :no: no no no..............

Paul.

P.S Good post lol

Guest earlswood
From reading this and other immigration forums alot of people who have never been to OZ before have some very strange ideas about what OZ is like. Alot of people seems to think,

Its 40c degrees every day,

about 10 days a year

It Never rains,

Perth has more annual rainfall than London...fact.

Theres no crime but the biggest danger in deadly snakes , spiders and crocs which are crawling all over your suburban back yard waiting for a chance to jump out and kill you.

Crime is Statistics show the UK and Oz have the same crime rate per 1000 people percentage.

You can spend more time with your family downunder because people don't work anywhere as near long hours as in the UK.

Bull***, you work longer over here to earn the same rate for shorter hours in the UK (ARTISANS THAT IS)

You can buy a four bedroom house with a pool on the beach for $200,000.

:biglaugh:

Neighbours and Home and away are accurate representations of what life downunder in like.

:biglaugh:

Ayres Rock and the outback is about 1 hours drive outside Sydney and its takes a few hours to drive from Perth to Adelaide.

Take plenty of water.

Theres no mountains or hills in OZ the countrysides all flat.

i thought it was.

If you go swimming in the ocean theres a pack of sharks just waiting there to eat you , sharks are the biggest danger at he beach not getting caught in a rip and drowning.

Raw sewage is a bigger problem than some pansy Great White.

Because of the hole in the ozone layer over OZ people can't leave their houses during the day or they drop dead of skin cancer.

True.

Apart from Sydney theres no sealed roads in OZ only dusty run down dirt roads and you need to drive a 4wheel drive to get around.

Not true.

Bring lots of bottled water with you its not safe to drink the water in OZ.

Beer is better.

?

That's right mate.

Guest earlswood
Yes stay away from the beach go to the public pool instead it's so much safer! There your only swimming in other people urine!!!!!

:twitcy:

SYDNEY is beginning to reap the bitter fruits of its cheap and inadequate treatment of sewage. Pollution and contamination of raw sewage being pumped into the city's waters beaches and marine life have stained the region's reputation as a healthy resort and damaged the local fishing industry. Early this year, at the height of the summer season, deposits of raw sewage made Bondi Beach, Australia's third largest tourist attraction, unsafe for bathing two days out of five.

Guest moonraker1961

Ozboy:Ok I'll change that post of mine,......there are no dangerous creatures in the oceans off the coast of Australia.(Just thought I might pop this in.....I actually had a close encounter with a shark,yes while in the ocean,and yes off the coast of Australia)Did you know great whites mistake people snorkelling for seals?I'd watch your back if I were you mate lol(Oh lets not forget the blue ringed octopus's lol lol)Happy snorkelling!

Guest moonraker1961

Oh not forgetting too to keep your mouth shut whilst swimming,it would'nt be pleasant swallowing someone else's faeces lol lol lol

:twitcy:

SYDNEY is beginning to reap the bitter fruits of its cheap and inadequate treatment of sewage. Pollution and contamination of raw sewage being pumped into the city's waters beaches and marine life have stained the region's reputation as a healthy resort and damaged the local fishing industry. Early this year, at the height of the summer season, deposits of raw sewage made Bondi Beach, Australia's third largest tourist attraction, unsafe for bathing two days out of five.

Thats nothing new Earls, Bondi has been like that for years. What do you expect though its Sydney now that place is a sh1t hole

LOOK MATE Pick on Queenland, WA, NSW, NT, The ACT, SA, Tasmaina NSW (yes i know i said nsw twice)

BUT LEAVE VICTORIA ALONE!!!!!! Or we go to WAR!!!! LMAO

Ooo a bit touchy this morning are you Geoffrey?:biglaugh: What is it about the Mexicans that they need to fight to the death to defend their bit of territory. Must be truly awful down there:biglaugh:

I was thinking of doing a thread along the same lines of this too..:wubclub:

People think life will be the same as the UK, its not.

All the supermarkets sell all the same products and stuff as in the UK, they dont.

well some of them do... i did a cyber shop at woolworths.com.au and most of the named brands i buy here i can get there ( assuming we live near a woolies) but they are more pricey than local brands. :wubclub: so dh can still have his gillete shaving gel etc.

also ssssh dont tell dh it rains in OZ he wants to go for the weather LOL, im more a rainy not too hot kind of person ;)

Archived