thinking about moving to oz.

Guest janet

Hi my hubby said this week that he would'nt mind moving to oz, we have got a couple of books to look at, but looking on this site everything looks scary, where do we start? and how long will it take?, i filled in a online form but did'nt get enough points, now what do i do?, i am a nursing auxilliary in the local hospital, and my hubby is a all round builder, plasterer etc, many thanks Janet and Tony :roll:

Janet,

I don't know enough about all the visa's but know that some people do get to Aus if they're not on the MODL list. If you look in the member list for phil olsen who posts on here, he's also a migration agent and has been great in pointing people in the right direction of which visa to look at. If you send him a pm (personal message) he'll get back to you I'm sure

Good luck

Hiya Janet ,,if your a nurse and hubbys a brikkie then surely you can get some form of visa ,i agree with ali about havin a chat with an agent as they are the ones who know the ins and outs,dont give up thou we have been here nearly 3 month and LOVE IT

Cal x

Have you considered the study pathway where you can apply for PR after 2 years study?

Very advantageous pathway as you do not need to commit from offshore but on a temporay student visa you have work rights (PT during term and FT vacation), and dependent gets PT work rights also (FT if student is doing post grad study).

Further you can have previous U.K. study and work experience recognised through recognition of prior learning RPL (plus start study offshore from home...much cheaper), have benefits of institutional support, teachers/lecturers who are health professionals and most importnatly you can see the opportunities on the ground onshore in Oz which do not get communicated outside.

At worse, you are having a sabbatical and if you do not like Oz you can return home. Personally I am shocked at the number of potential canidates applying from offshore, selling house etc. but have never lived in Oz?

Cheers Andrew

http://www.aiec.biz

Guest oz migration

Hi Janet

If you need any help and support : http://www.oz-migration.com.au

we can support through the whole experience for up to four years from joining and offer two types of service - Desktop where you are able to search through researched and extremely comprhensive information broken down by state, by category or have lawyer/migration agent (RMA) support you accordingly with our Premiuim service.

Kind regards

Chris

Archived