Currumbin -V- Australia Zoo

Guest Aldo

The kids want to go to the zoo and its a toss up between Australia Zoo and Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. I'm hearing good things about both. Has anyone been to both and what was your verdict?

Guest JoanneHattersley

Only been to Australia Zoo but I think in my first year here we did that 6 times with rellies!!

I love Aussie Zoo. Its in a beautiful setting backdropped against the Glasshouse Mountains. The way they look after the animals is second to none. There is loads of stuff for kids to see and do and it is very informative.

Be interested to hear about Currumbin too. Never been there

Thanks Jo,

I am bang in the middle of both (geographicly) and Aussie Zoo seems the obvious choice as my eldest boy has a big crush on Bindy (bless 'im) but i have heard good things about Currumbin and think traffic wise it will be better.

Only been to the Zoo and have to say it was very impressive, we even managed to see Steve and Bindy (but not together) that day. It's a full day to see everything and I have to say my favourite were the Tigers - beautiful the 'show' was really more the keepers playing with them and feeding them - rather than a getting them to perform for an audience ... it was more that we were sat watching a daily event.

Ali x

Archived