Brisbane "Recce" - advice needed

Guest Pitsy

Good Morning All

I have the option of some cheap flights through work, so this seems like an ideal oppurtunity for a recce.

We are torn between Brisbane and Sydney, but Brisbane is winning at the moment.

The question is what is your normal plan for a recce, not done this before... so apologies if this is a stupid question.

I would ideally like to have some fun whilst there and not waste 2 weeks holiday going round agencies etc.

I am in IT and the OH is a Carer for disabled who are hosuebound etc, so we are ideally looking at areas to live and also job's.

My son will also be moving (hopefully) but he is 18.

Andy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pitsy

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Pitsy

How long are you thinking of coming out for? Australia is a long way to travel for 2 weeks especially as it will probably take you 4 or 5 days to get over the jet lag. If you can come out for longer I would split the weeks so one week your looking around suburbs and the next you are down on the Gold Coast. Like Chelle says, have a plan of action of where you want to visit before hand, I am sure if you ask the girls on here they can help advise which are the best suburbs to visit depending on your budget.

Good luck and have a great time.

Thanks for the response, Myself and the OH are both self employed and get paid by the day effectively, so 2 weeks means for the recce means 2 weeks of lost income...

Hence 2 weeks is all we can fit in on tis visit, but if I can get cheaper flights again, then we may come again at a later date for another recce.

Any advice on where to start etc would be fantastic.

Pitsy

Kate is right ,id have a week doing the touristy stuff and a week driving around suburbs, we find this is what most familys who stay with us on reccies seem to do. There are lots of jobs for carers/support workers ,i did this for a while when i arrived as its what i used to do in the UK ,i only had NVQ but was offered the 3 different jobs i applied for. Have you looked on www.seek.com to see where the jobs seem to be? i approached the companys direct rather than applying to job vacancies so the white pages may be another good read,lol.

Good luck with everything

Cal x

Thanks Cal

And its nice to see another Manc has made the move.

We are just looking at hotels etc and I will update the thread.

We are looking at May time for the visit.

Thanks Again

Pitsy

Archived