to all newbies and not so new

Dawny

Not sure if you have seen this book in the shops, Living and Working in Australia, written by David Hampshire,

Its a good read picked it up yesterday and cant put it down, i real eye opener for everything you may need info on, from finding a job a house socializing, motoring and lots more, £14.95 for this years edition, its been recommended by the emigration group!:arghh:

Not sure if you have seen this book in the shops, Living and Working in Australia, written by David Hampshire,

Its a good read picked it up yesterday and cant put it down, i real eye opener for everything you may need info on, from finding a job a house socializing, motoring and lots more, £14.95 for this years edition, its been recommended by the emigration group!:arghh:

I have booked it out of the library in the past, excellent! I plan to buy my own copy just before we leave so that we have the latest addition. There is also another book by the same publisher, also recommended by the emigration group on buying property in OZ and NZ

Guest TheArmChairDetective
For a start you might want to stop using the term `motoring`as it`s likely to get you beaten up.

Why is that please?

It might mean something else in America or Canada, but doesn't it mean the same thing in Australia as it does in the U.K.

Guest madplumber1
For a start you might want to stop using the term `motoring`as it`s likely to get you beaten up.

Another profound statement!!!

Guest madplumber1
a question for winterbunny,why is it likely to get me "beaten up", would you like to explain further?

LMAO Dawn, would love to see the reply to this one!!!!

Its a good read picked it up yesterday and cant put it down, i real eye opener for everything you may need info on, from finding a job a house socializing, motoring and lots more, £14.95 for this years edition, its been recommended by the emigration group!

Great, thanks alot, im off to town now, so I shall have a look for it. :yes:

Kelly.:smile:

P.S one 'chicken click' for that helpfull recomendation!

For anyone that was interested in buying this book, I couldnt 'grab it' off my local WhSmith shelf, so thought I'd check out the web, so far found the following:

Amazon - £10.47 but you need to spend £15 to get free delivery

Play. - £11.49 free delivery

Either way, cheaper than shops! And if you dont mind getting a 'used' copy, its even cheaper.

Thats not on you found it cheaper than me!!!!!!!!!!! cheeky,

:biglaugh: LOL...But the sad thing is, if the shop would have had a copy I would have just spent the extra...Cos I cant wait to get my hands on it!...Now im having to wait for it to be delivered! Did you know he also does a book called:

Buying a home in Australia..By David Hampshire £10.49 on play.com with free delivery

'

:biglaugh: LOL...But the sad thing is, if the shop would have had a copy I would have just spent the extra...Cos I cant wait to get my hands on it!...Now im having to wait for it to be delivered! Did you know he also does a book called:

Buying a home in Australia..By David Hampshire £10.49 on play.com with free delivery

'

no i didnt know, but i do now! guess thats next on my list

thanks for that Kelly x

No worries Dawn, always happy to help, I was gratefull for you telling me about the book in the first place. :yes:

Please feel free to give my chick a click though! :cute: LOL

Kelly :0)

ok Kelly just for your help i will

Dawn x

Archived