Spouse visa - from 802 to 801

Guest cura

I'm in Australia on a Temporary spouse visa (802), and want to prepare for whatever will be required once the 2 year waiting period is up but I can't find ANY information at all on what happens then. Has anyone been through this? Do you have to submit all the evidence, stat decs, medical checks etcetcetc all over again, some of them, none of them?

Hi Cura,

Yes you will receive forms to fill in & will have to give probably another 2 stat decs, you will need another police check done (an aussie one if you are in oz & a uk one if you have been back home for any length of time or wherevere you may have been) medical is only needed if anything major has happened i.e. you had an operation.

Thats about it i think

good luck

stuju

sorry to geg in on this thread but temp visa has just been granted, we will have lived together 5 years next September can i apply for perm visa then or do i have to wait 2 years until my visa is running out??

hi Stuju,

do they send the forms to you without you needing to contact them or do you have to get in touch with them at the end of two years? And am I right in thinking that it's 2 years from the grant of the visa and not the date you validate?

Hi welsh in oz,

I have today received from my agent all the info & forms that i need to get my pr,

to be honest it's almost as much paperwork as the first time round.

Immi are supposed to send the forms to you, but my agent informed me that after her contacting them they had the wrong address for me even thou my agent & i had contacted immi to advise them of the change(typical government cockup as usual)

Anyway the forms & info needed are as follows

History of relationship - both to write an A4 page on how when we met etc sign & date

Form 888 2 stats decs from pr or aussie citizens to complete along with copy of each of their passports or citizenship certificate

Form 80 Personal & character assessment

Form 1101 Australian police clearance form

provide certified copy of passport of the bio data page from my passport & daughters passport

Evidence of relationship - provide documents of the last 2 years, i.e. photos, living arrangments,bills together,receipts etc

So really this is all the same that we done first time round to get the temp visa, the only difference is the australian police clearance which before would of been a uk police check, cant really see why we have to provide stat decs again from me & hubby as just gonna repeat what we said before.

Good old aussie red tape i guess, but gotta be done.

stuju

p.s. yes its 2 years from the grant of the temp visa

thanks for that Stuju, thats annoying though that it's justlike the other one! Glad I kept a copy of the entire TR application (especially form 80!) I guess I willbe recycling it somewhat in a couple of years!

I'm glad it's two years from grant, that means by the time we get there a year will have passed and I'm guessing the first year over there will fly by!

what about the really in detail evidence like photos, bank statements, bills, tickets, "social events" receipts ... etc ? Are those required for the full 2 years?

How much easier, if at all, would you say the process was from the first time round?

... oops my page didn't refresh so I didn't see that last post ... ignroe

what about the really in detail evidence like photos, bank statements, bills, tickets, "social events" receipts ... etc ? Are those required for the full 2 years?

How much easier, if at all, would you say the process was from the first time round?

Cura,

From what i have read in my mail today from my agent & the forms & info i have to re submitt, the only easy part is i know this time around what to submitt without having to ask, yes still evidence to prove a full & continuing relationship - i,e, bills, rental agreements etc etc & photos too to be honest its just a repeat of the first time around & seems pointless really - would have thought immi would have wanted something different 2nd time around

stuju

Archived