House around the 450 mark?

mr luvpants

Hi

We are fairly certain we want to live on the GC/SC.

We can not really spend more than $450K on a house (hopefully less) and have seen some "lovely" ones on realestate.com.au. But are we being realistic? Are we going to get a nice house for this or have the EAs been very clever with the photos? I know it depends on what area we decide to live in but overall are we being realistic or are we looking at spending a lot more than that to get our dream house.

Hope that makes sense!

JOHN

I think youd get a pretty decent place for that,obviously not on the sea ,in Currumbin or Surfers Paradise but definately around Coomera,Oxenford,Pac pines way.Realestate is normally a pretty good giude ,Domain is another you can compare too.

Cal x

I think youd get a pretty decent place for that,obviously not on the sea ,in Currumbin or Surfers Paradise but definately around Coomera,Oxenford,Pac pines way.Realestate is normally a pretty good giude ,Domain is another you can compare too.

Cal x

many thanks Cal.And how far away are these from Brissy CBD and hospitals?

JOHN

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi,

$450k will get you a nice place on the Sunny Coast too, especially as house prices are dropping a bit here. You could pick up a 4 bed 2 bath house about 10 mins drive from the sea here for that. Lots of hospitals around here too. I live in Pelican Waters, Caloundra, and 5 of my neighbours are Dr's or Nurses who work at private hospitals in the area.

Lou

If you were to live in the northern Gold coast suburbs mentioned, you'd be about an hour-hour and halfs drive to Brisbane CBD, depending on traffic. There are hospitals in Robina and Southport though, and a couple of private ones too knocking around, that would be a lot closer. The suburbs Cal mentioned all have great motorway links, they're just a bit further from the beaches, but only about 20 minutes or so. There are a lot of new builds, especially in Upper Coomera, and they are a good standard. We're looking at Oxenford (Studio Village) as have a similar budget, and the houses there are nice; we've seen 4 bed, 2 bath for $390,000 upwards there, on realestate.com.

Jo x

• 2 weeks later...

I have absolutely no idea about the areas you're looking at, but have you discovered 'street view' on google maps? If you are using Domain it often comes up as an option when you look at photos of the property. It is fab! You can 'walk' up and down streets and get a much bigger picture of the neighbourhood. I have already 'walked' from one side of Newcastle to the other and ruled out areas that we thought looked ok on google earth. It's just another way to procrastinate...

Archived