Flying From London / Brisbane via Singapore.

xTINKSx

We have been looking at flights to Brisbane (with Singapore Airlines) and have a query about the flight changeover at Singapore.

We do not intend to have a long stopover - would rather do the flight to Oz in one go. With this in mind, we have looked at flights with a 4/5 hour arrival / departure in Singapore.

My question is - what exactly is the procedure for arrivals / departures at Singapore??

Do we have to go through passport control ? baggage reclaim ? customs ? or are you directed to the second flight and your baggage is transferred to the next flight automatically???

Hope you understand what I mean.

:wacko:

cheers

Tinks.

Hiya Tinks

We have flown with Singapore airlines and are travelling with them again soon.

Your baggage is already put onto your connecting flight for you , so no mucking about at all.

The airport at Singpaore is lovely, lots of nice eateries and bars etc.. it is actually for an airport a lovely place to wait for your connecting flight. You can even take a swim if you wish as the airport has a pool there.

Enjoy the flight you would not be disappointed with Singapore Airlines

Thanks for that. Had visions of lagging 4 kids, hubby and a million suitcases through the airport again!!! Gives me nitemares just doing it at Heathrow!!!!

My youngest will still be under 2 when we go. Was going to pay for a child seat for her - imagining having her on my lap for 24 hours would be more than I could take - also we would get the baggage allowance as with the other kids. Do you know whether you are allowed to use the car seat on the aircraft (although not sure whether the positives outweigh the negatives) and also whether the buggy would be made available between the connecting flights???

Another question - have read that you get to double your baggage allowance if your migrating. Is that for children as well as adults??

hi we recently done the flight with emirates and i would recommend getting the 2 yr old their own seat, our daughter is 2 and it would of been so hard with her on our laps, you will not be able to get your buggy until you land at brisbane as it is placed in the hold along with suitcases

Guest Rob&Ani

Hi, we can answer one question - buggies (so long as it is a stroller) on Singapore Airlines. Yes you can use it at Singapore airport. We did on our rekkie trip to AU in April this year. Just check it in as normal and wheel your child to the departure gate. The staff there will label it and take it off you and then its stored somewhere in the passenger bay rather than the luggage hold.

Singapore Airlines - the best. Hope this helps.

Rob and Ani

Guest julie2g1b

hiya

we have just book with singapore and our stop over is 50mins as wanted to

get straight there were going to perth though to validate our visa's on 8th

nov flight leaves heathrow at 10.05

so at least not waiting around as got 3 children

julie :wubclub:

as for baggage allowance i would ring them up to cheack but i think they can as well

HI

WE STOPPED AT SINGAPORE FOR 2 HOURS AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS A REALLY NICE PLACE NICE AND BIG AND THERE IS A RED M&M RUNNING AROUND A BIG SWEET LOL THE BOYS HAD THERE PICCY TOOK WITH IT...........

YOU DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR LUGGAGE AND YOU DONT HAVE TO BOOK IN JUST GO TO THE DEPARTURE LOUNGE WHEN YOUR CALLED AND THATS IT.

PAULA:wubclub:

Guest Jaynie

Can I just add that when you are leaving do not buy any duty free alcohol at the UK airport, as Singapore airport will take it from you, they want it packed in a special way, so it's best to buy any alcohol at Changi, this has happened to a few people I know, it's because of the 100ml rule on flights, on another note for those with not enough time to shop in Singapore airport because of your connections, you should be able to buy yours on entry once you touchdown at the Aussie airport. I know you can do this at Sydney before you come through passport control, so it might be an idea if anyone else can tell you the same for Brissie, Perth, Adelaide etc., Hope this helps.:wubclub:

Guest Jaynie
hiya

we have just book with singapore and our stop over is 50mins as wanted to

get straight there were going to perth though to validate our visa's on 8th

nov flight leaves heathrow at 10.05

so at least not waiting around as got 3 children

as for baggage allowance i would ring them up to cheack but i think they can as well

Julie do you know which Terminal you land at in Changi and which one you leave from on your way over? I only ask because you say you have 50mins between flights, Changi airport is huge and it can take at least 15-20mins to walk from one end to the other, so you might all need to get your skates on, see if you can find out and then google Changi airport for the layout so you can plan your 100metre Gold medal dash!!!:yes:

Guest julie2g1b
Julie do you know which Terminal you land at in Changi and which one you leave from on your way over? I only ask because you say you have 50mins between flights, Changi airport is huge and it can take at least 15-20mins to walk from one end to the other, so you might all need to get your skates on, see if you can find out and then google Changi airport for the layout so you can plan your 100metre Gold medal dash!!!:yes:

hiya jayne

we leave changi at terminal 3 but dont know which one we land at and on way back fly out from terminal 1............we have been given a wheelchair by the airline and as there are 5 of us will give us assistants to each plane well that's what been told lol as got bad back have looked at there map it is a very big airport,also when we booked they are pretty good as will hold the plane for a bit being so many plus they told us should only take ten mins or less from plane to plane........................

always wanted a gold medal so will tell hubby to get his skates on will knock everyone over as we go...............................

Guest Jaynie
hiya jayne

we leave changi at terminal 3 but dont know which one we land at and on way back fly out from terminal 1............we have been given a wheelchair by the airline and as there are 5 of us will give us assistants to each plane well that's what been told lol as got bad back have looked at there map it is a very big airport,also when we booked they are pretty good as will hold the plane for a bit being so many plus they told us should only take ten mins or less from plane to plane........................

always wanted a gold medal so will tell hubby to get his skates on will knock everyone over as we go...............................

You should be right then, as they will probably put you all on a golf buggy and you'll easily make it in time, it is a heck on a way as I came in on Term 3 and left on Term 1, I have a bad leg (sound decripit don't we!) and went on the travelators and it seemed to take ages and it's quite humid too, so looked like I had crawled through a hedge backwards by the time I got to the gate! lol

Guest julie2g1b

i hope they will help us out as i will panick like mad if not.............

as for looking (ruff lol) i think everyone does unless your in 1st class

might sweet talk them for an upgrade say i need to be lying flat now and

then, never know may work lol

Guest Jaynie
i hope they will help us out as i will panick like mad if not.............

as for looking (ruff lol) i think everyone does unless your in 1st class

might sweet talk them for an upgrade say i need to be lying flat now and

then, never know may work lol

You can try Julie, I did, they took one look at me and said "We'ed love to but.....NAH" lol

You will be fine, if you have requested assistance you will get it for sure they are a great airline and you will be zooming through the airport on a golf buggy and passing all the shops going 'Just a min can I have a quick look see in this one!':biglaugh:

Archived