Adding partner to visa 475 application

Koala Chloe

Hi

We are planning on moving to Adelaide next year on a 475 visa, with me as the main applicant. We went to see an agent back in April who advised that we needed one year defacto proof of living together in order for my partner to come too. So, we moved in right away, and we are delaying the visa process until we have this one year of proof.

The agent said in order to speed things up, that I could apply for state sponsorship, vetasses and then apply for the actual visa, adding in my partner at the medical/police check stage - by which time, if we calculate our timings correctly, we will have the one year defacto proof.

My question is, has anyone ever added in their partner at this stage, and did you experience any issues/problems or significant delays in your application because of this?

Also, I understand the current timeline for a 475 visa is 6-8 months - is this on top of the state sponsorship and vetassess application?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

KC

Guest aj_smiffy

hi there,

i had the same problem as you because i live in birmingham while my fiancee lives in glasgow. we have been together for 18 months but never lived together. i am being sponsored on a 457 visa by my new empolyer in melbourne. we have successfully applied for a 457 visa. the approval took a matter of days - but we had to supply a lot of information to do this because obviously we don't live together. things like photographs, flight boarding cards, engagement cards, xmas cards, hotel receipts etc.....i think the fact we opened a joint bank account helped a lot....

i accepted the job offer in middle of june and by the 23rd july the visa had been approved.

we fly out on the 1st september and i start work on the 15th

hope this information helps...good luck to you both

andy

Guest aj_smiffy

Hi KC,

She was on the original application. In the beginning we were told it was a risk applying because of our situation. Although saying that I think the visa company wouldn't have applied for us if they didn't think we'd be accepted. Just try and gather as much info as you can and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Andy

Archived