Question for the people of Point Cook?

AnxiousMum

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at the google map of Point Cook, and have a question for you.

Do you get children playing outside in the little avenues around Point Cook, obviously the roads look empty on google, but wanted to know if kids play outside.

Where we live in UK we have a little network of kids around the same age who play outside the houses, (not near the road). It just looks really quiet there.

Can anyone let me know.?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, Sorry can't help with Point Cook but I know in our area you don't see many children on the streets, they all seem to be doing after school activities or playing in each others houses.

I know with my children we have Karate twice a week, AusKick when it's on, Swimming and Surfing lessons so they don't get much chance to play out.

Guest The Pom Queen

I am sure they will, they will have lots of things to do. I found that when we came over here because the children didn't play out the same as the UK they struggled making friends, but we kept having friends over for tea from their school and it helped me make friends with their parents also. My eldest has so much to do that he turned round to his friend the other day and said he would have to find an available date to play as he was so busy with his sports activities!!!!

Guest Old Coulsdon Poms

Oh my God, it is a long way off but it will soon come round! We are hoping to move middle of next year if all goes well. Not sure about the house side of things at the minute as the market is bad but i'm sure all will be ok in the end. Is it Mount Martha youre looking at? We were there this year and loved it, also have friends there. Also looking at Frankston South as the property looks like it is in our budget.

We were in Brisbane suburbs on holiday in January and the kids there were playing out on the street, (it was a quiet one) most afternoons.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we moved to Point Cook last week from the UK. So far we haven't seen kids playing around the streets but it is term time so may be different next week. There are parks pretty close to every street so the kids tend to play there more I think. The area is lovely and there are loads of activities that you can join up with as well for the kids. Point Cook Coastal Park is about 5 minutes from us and is lovely (also the beach is there which is a bonus!!)

I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and would be happy for my 5 year old to play out adn go to the park by himself when he is a bit older, it always seem quiet and the people are really friendly. It is a fab place to live for families.

If you want anymore information about Point Cook let me know and I'll try to find it out for you.

Good Luck

We moved from a suburb in Melbourne to the Peninsula simply because no children played out here. Our children grew up playing in the fields and farm land around here and it was great. However now it just does not happen. We never see children out and about playing at all and we live on acreage. All the mums work now and the children either stay at school or go home and sit on the computer. My neighbour was always complaining that her son would not go out and was always online.

My children are grown and they played tennis, golf, baseball, cricket and my daughter plays the piano and violin and was involved in with the Peninsula Youth Orchestra and debating. Kept both of them busy but they did still get out to play.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mumoftwins

Hi We are hoping to come to Melbourne Jan 09 I have 4 boys 10,7 and 2x2yrs! Point cook really appeals to us, house prices seem very attractive. How are you finding provision of facilities, such as healthcare, primary school etc

The beach looks lovely is it safe and clean?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest crafty1

hi

We live in Tarniet,( not far from point cook) and our kids, 5 and 7, play outside all the time, in fact, it's a struggle to get them in sometimes! I wouldn't worry about it too much. Kids are also magnets for other kids and often before i know it, there are other kids playing outside with our kids too!

Don't worry, the kids certainly don't!

Archived