Daylight Saving - Are they getting Rid

Guest sweetpea0701

Guest sweetpea0701

Hi All

We were in Oz in 06 when daylight saving was introduced for the 3yr trial.

I know alot of aussies don't like it...

Are they keeping it ? or will they revert back ?

Just looking for an update :spinny:

Cheers Guys

Hi All

We were in Oz in 06 when daylight saving was introduced for the 3yr trial.

I know alot of aussies don't like it...

Are they keeping it ? or will they revert back ?

Just looking for an update :spinny:

Cheers Guys

Scrapped it in WA this year I believe qld dont have it so its dark at 900 in summer

Malx

aka Billy 6M

This is the final year of a 3 year trial. It is then scheduled to go to a referendum.

I personally love it. But a lot of west australian aussies hate it.

The only thing i don't like is that when we go forward 1 hour on the last saturday of october, the uk goes back, which means a 9hr time difference. :sad:

Can someone explains how this works please. Basically I'm interested in what time it gets dark in the summer and winter with and without daylight saving time in Brisbane.

Sorry just realised you're talking about Western Australia.

I believe qld dont have it so its dark at 900 in summer

Is this right? I thought it was dark by about 7pm in summer in QLD.

Guest sweetpea0701
This is the final year of a 3 year trial. It is then scheduled to go to a referendum.

I personally love it. But a lot of west australian aussies hate it.

The only thing i don't like is that when we go forward 1 hour on the last saturday of october, the uk goes back, which means a 9hr time difference. :sad:

Ian, Yorkshire pom is saying it is scrapped, your saying it isn't yet...

when is the referendum ? Do you know ?

Hi Found this info. Might answer some questions!

x

Daylight Saving Information

Daylight saving was introduced in Western Australia for a three-year trial period starting December 2006. The three-year trial gives Western Australians an opportunity to “try before they buy”. A referendum will be held in 2009 to decide whether it should become permanent.

In 2008, daylight saving will begin at 2am Western Standard Time on the last Sunday in October, and end at 2am Western Standard Time (3am summer time) on the last Sunday in March the following year.

This means that WA businesses will no longer be separated from their eastern states counterparts by an additional hour during summer.

Note: From 30 March 2008 to 6 April 2008 Western Australia will be 3 hours behind Victoria, Tasmania, ACT and New South Wales, and 2.5 hours behind South Australia. This is due to these states concluding daylight saving 1 week after Western Australia.

From 6 April 2008 Western Australia will revert to being 2 hours behind Victoria, Tasmania, ACT and New South Wales, and 1.5 hours behind South Australia.

The Community Access Line 9222 9449 or Toll Free 1800 198 274 (country callers only) can provide daylight saving information to people who do not have access to the Internet.

Guest sweetpea0701
Hi Found this info. Might answer some questions!

x

Daylight Saving Information

Daylight saving was introduced in Western Australia for a three-year trial period starting December 2006. The three-year trial gives Western Australians an opportunity to “try before they buy”. A referendum will be held in 2009 to decide whether it should become permanent.

In 2008, daylight saving will begin at 2am Western Standard Time on the last Sunday in October, and end at 2am Western Standard Time (3am summer time) on the last Sunday in March the following year.

This means that WA businesses will no longer be separated from their eastern states counterparts by an additional hour during summer.

Note: From 30 March 2008 to 6 April 2008 Western Australia will be 3 hours behind Victoria, Tasmania, ACT and New South Wales, and 2.5 hours behind South Australia. This is due to these states concluding daylight saving 1 week after Western Australia.

From 6 April 2008 Western Australia will revert to being 2 hours behind Victoria, Tasmania, ACT and New South Wales, and 1.5 hours behind South Australia.

The Community Access Line 9222 9449 or Toll Free 1800 198 274 (country callers only) can provide daylight saving information to people who do not have access to the Internet.

Thanks Emmaroo, I found the same info but it doesn't really say if they are keeping it

hence the posting..... Guess we'll have to wait & see what the vote is !

Apparantly there are 900,000 Australian residents of either British, kiwi or South African immigrants residing in Australia that are eligible for citizenship or the 'op' whatever you want to call it.

Can all of you residents please move to WA and have the 'op' then you can be eligible to vote in next years referendum to please please please please keep daylight saving :yes:

Archived