CF83 response

Hi all, 

I recently sent off a CF83 to enquire about paying back missed NI years. HMRC inducted online it may take over a year to receive a reply. Now I’m not complaining but was shocked to receive a response after only 3 months, however they sent it to my old address in Scotland, not my current Australian address. Has anyone else encountered this? Are they processing them quickly or are we just lucky?? My partner got his too but it came to Australia! I’ve no idea how to contact them to make sure they have my correct address.

thanks for any advice 

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Have you tried logging on to the HMRC website?  You can see a lot for yourself there.

I haven’t got an account, left the UK years ago and can’t make an account 

15 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

I managed by using an old Uk address. I could then change it. You can try and call them too

I managed by using my old UK address, too.   I just needed my UK passport and the address.  However I just had a peek at the instructions and it looks like you need more proofs of identity now.

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I managed by using my old UK address, too.   I just needed my UK passport and the address.  However I just had a peek at the instructions and it looks like you need more proofs of identity now.

Yes they changed it a few years back so you need more bits now to create an account.

Very impressed with the speed of the reply about the NI though. We've just sent a third request for my friend. First one two years ago, no response yet. Second one (with complaining letter) he actually got a phone call saying the details he needed to make up his Ni were in the post - that was 13 months ago. Now sent an even stronger complaint but I don't hold out much hope. I know they are slow but this is crazy, we aren't even using an address in Aus, but c/o me in the UK.