Over 40s with kids are you glad you did it?

TheBs

Hey, so we are on the journey AGAIN! Third time lucky, due to personal circumstances each time we’ve had to put our Aussie dream on hold. 
the first time we were 28 and 34 with 2 kids a baby and 3 year old. It seemed the perfect time. 
the second time we were 36 and 42 kids were then 8 and 11

Now we’re 38 and 44 kids are 10 and 13 it really seems if we don’t make it now we never will. 
I need success stories that were not mad at our ages to up root and start again! 
The way I see it is if we lived to 80 we’ve both got almost another 35 yrs plus to make some wonderful memories and give our kids opportunities they wouldn’t have here 

Has anyone brought over a teen, did they adapt ok? My daughter will be almost 14 probably of all goes to plan, I worry I’m taking her away at a pivotal point in her teenage years of making those friendships and connections. 

It has been hard I won't lie, especially for our now 15 year old, who was about to turn 13 when we arrived.  She did 1 year of high school in the UK then we moved.

Social media means they know exactly what their friends back in the UK are doing - ie what they are missing, and schools can of course be cliquey especially for girls.

That said I am glad we did it, and she is doing better now 🙂

9 hours ago, TheBs said:

Hey, so we are on the journey AGAIN! Third time lucky, due to personal circumstances each time we’ve had to put our Aussie dream on hold. 
the first time we were 28 and 34 with 2 kids a baby and 3 year old. It seemed the perfect time. 
the second time we were 36 and 42 kids were then 8 and 11

Now we’re 38 and 44 kids are 10 and 13 it really seems if we don’t make it now we never will. 
I need success stories that were not mad at our ages to up root and start again! 
The way I see it is if we lived to 80 we’ve both got almost another 35 yrs plus to make some wonderful memories and give our kids opportunities they wouldn’t have here 

Has anyone brought over a teen, did they adapt ok? My daughter will be almost 14 probably of all goes to plan, I worry I’m taking her away at a pivotal point in her teenage years of making those friendships and connections. 

Came here at 14 with younger brother and sister.  Wish we’d come earlier..

• Like 1