Question regarding "first entry" and "must not arrive after " visa 476

Hi everyone,

I have a question about first entry on visa 476:

On the official website there is the following statement in the "Comming to Australia" section: 

"You must travel to Australia before your Initial Entry Date (IED) or Must Not Arrive After (MNAA) date. If you can't travel before this date, you will need to hold an alternative visa to travel to Australia"

This means that I can make my first entry to Australia between Initial Entry Date (IED) and Must Not Arrive After (MNAA) date? If not, is there any way to do this? 

Thanks

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-recognition-graduate-476#When

The initial entry date is the date that you must make your first entry to Australia by. It can be for a short visit.
The must not arrive after date is the last date you can enter Australia using that visa. It may or may not also be the visa expiry date. 

7 hours ago, Peter said:

"You must travel to Australia before your Initial Entry Date (IED) or Must Not Arrive After (MNAA) date. If you can't travel before this date, you will need to hold an alternative visa to travel to Australia"

This means that I can make my first entry to Australia between Initial Entry Date (IED) and Must Not Arrive After (MNAA) date? If not, is there any way to do this? 

If you don't arrive before the Initial entry date, you lose the visa.  However as Paul said, you just have to visit for a holiday, you don't have to move permanently. 

Once you've made that first visit, you've got until the MNAA date to make the actual move.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter said:

This means that I can make my first entry to Australia between Initial Entry Date (IED) and Must Not Arrive After (MNAA) date?

No. Between those dates is after the Initial Entry Date and if you wait until then you'll invalidate the visa. 

• Like 1