189 Querry

6 hours ago, KenPothen said:

Hi,

I lodged my 189 on Dec 2022, till now its showing "RECEIVED". Does it mean that my case is not taken by any officer yet? Experts please advice.

Tks

It means what it says, its been received.

On 16/03/2024 at 18:20, KenPothen said:

Hi,

I lodged my 189 on Dec 2022, till now its showing "RECEIVED". Does it mean that my case is not taken by any officer yet? Experts please advice.

Tks

It is beyond the published standard processing times of 12 to 13 months. 

There are numerous factors that can affect the progress of an application. How busy the processing office is, slow responses to overseas investigations, misplaced or lost files and so on. A polite query about the progress of the application would be in order at this stage.

A clause from our service agreement:

We will promptly inform you about significant developments in your case. If your case is not progressing in a timely and satisfactory way we
will let you know why this is so and what we are doing about it. Please note that various authorities might not respond adequately, or at all,
to progress enquiries.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LDunham

I’m in the same boat as OP. Lodged in October 2022. Have had a few RFIs which I promptly submitted, and since then there’s been no movement. 

Can you elaborate about the query regarding application progress? I’ve written multiple emails to the DHA office about my application, but I’ve never received any response. 

On 12/04/2024 at 01:36, Guest LDunham said:

I’m in the same boat as OP. Lodged in October 2022. Have had a few RFIs which I promptly submitted, and since then there’s been no movement. 

Can you elaborate about the query regarding application progress? I’ve written multiple emails to the DHA office about my application, but I’ve never received any response. 

They do not respond to emails asking about progress with processing of an application.