186 employer nominated visa

Brian^^

2 hours ago, Daffyduck said:

If you're going for a 186 wont the sponsoring employer organise an agent?

However the agent is working for the employer, not for you.  If they're a good agent, they wont mislead you, but they might not disclose all the downsides or risks because it's not their job to warn you of those -- you're not the client.

14 hours ago, Marisawright said:

However the agent is working for the employer, not for you.  If they're a good agent, they wont mislead you, but they might not disclose all the downsides or risks because it's not their job to warn you of those -- you're not the client.

Very true but we were offered a very generous relocation package. The days of everything getting paid for are pretty much over now, my wife's company now cap relocation at $10k which if you're moving a family across doesn't cover much.

Edited by Daffyduck
typo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2024 at 18:14, Marisawright said:

That's not really true as each would be a client in their own right.

There would need to be a contract between the Agent and the employer and the Agent and the visa applicant.

In these cases I make it very clear to each party that they are each a client in their own right and I cannot disclose confidential information from either party to the other.

I work in the interest of both parties to obtain a successful outcome. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

That's not really true as each would be a client in their own right.

Well, that's what I said.  The employer's agent is working for the employer.  They're not going to mislead you but they're not under any obligation to tell you anything.