190 / 491 Victoria

Gavilon18

Hi, all - hopefully a quick one to check my understanding.

My Occupation appears on the skilled occupation for both 190 and 491 (Finance Manager). Looking at most states there are restrictions on the 190/491 visas that exclude this from their specific requirements. I can't see anything on the Victoria migration pages to suggest that there are any restrictions that would prevent me from applying - priority sectors certainly but no exclusions. 

Have I missed something?

As a second point if I were to submit a ROI for a 190 would it also be considered for a 491? My understanding was that South Australia did this last year?

I should serve as a warning to anyone who is thinking of applying but putting it off - over the last year my options have gone from Western Australia / SA / Victoria to pretty much a fingers crossed on Victoria as the year rolled on. Basically do it now if you are thinking about it!! 

I did look at the Global Talent stream as I do fit into 'Senior management of universities and institutions of higher learning such as vice-chancellors, presidents, deans and heads of school or their international equivalents' but I have on global recognition unfortunately 🤣

8 hours ago, Gavilon18 said:

My Occupation appears on the skilled occupation for both 190 and 491 (Finance Manager). Looking at most states there are restrictions on the 190/491 visas that exclude this from their specific requirements. I can't see anything on the Victoria migration pages to suggest that there are any restrictions that would prevent me from applying - priority sectors certainly but no exclusions. 

Have I missed something?

I can't see any exclusions for Victoria either. I don't think you've missed anything.