Visa Timelines and Costs Advice

bearnova64

34 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

I engaged migration agent @paulhand to advise and guide me through my options and the process.  It was really helpful.  I was also trying to get the timing just right - finding that sweet spot where the visa would arrive before I needed it, but late enough that I wouldn't have to ever get into the RRV situation.   Paul gave me a really thought provoking piece of advice - right now you are in great health and your visa application is going to sail through, but it's a reality that as we get older, our risk of health conditions increases and if you are unlucky enough to get one that disqualifies your application, then that's it.

I duly got on it straight away.  RRV is much easier to deal with than a declined application.

That's a good point - I hadn't thought of that!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

RRV is nothing to worry about if you meet the 2 year residency requirements.  It appears to be fully automated...

Yes it is.  However as you point out, it's only automated IF you meet the 2 year residency requirement.  I seem to recall the original poster was thinking they might not move to Australia during those first 5 years, and if so what would happen?  Obviously it wouldn't be automated in that circumstance (and he has had that question answered already).

• Like 2