Australia-Express

EleanorAngel

Hi, 

has anyone used this agency for visas? 
i did a free phone call Which then stupidly turned into me paying 595$ for the  full assessment. 
I’m assuming as I’ve not passed any passport details, cv etc, that a process of visa application has not started? 
i can cut my losses of the money, but I’d like to find a trusted agency instead of one that tricks like I felt I was. 

many thanks 

11 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Check to see if they have a MARA registered agent on their staff. If not, don't use them.

Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda 

It doesn't sound like they do from the small print on their website...

We work in cooperation with immigration consultants and lawyers with over 10 years of experience in the field who are registered on the Government website (MARA), the organization receives regular updates on the latest immigration programs and the news in order to assure all applications are handled under the current laws and regulations.

https://australia-express.com/home/about/

On 20/09/2023 at 08:47, InnerVoice said:

It doesn't sound like they do from the small print on their website...

We work in cooperation with immigration consultants and lawyers with over 10 years of experience in the field who are registered on the Government website (MARA), the organization receives regular updates on the latest immigration programs and the news in order to assure all applications are handled under the current laws and regulations.

https://australia-express.com/home/about/

All RMA's are required to display their "MARN" on their website. The MARN is a unique number which is given to every migration agent in Australia. It means they have undertaken extensive studies, passed the required exams and undertake ongoing study. RMA's are also bound by a very strict code of conduct which stipulates how agents must operate including handling monies giving advice etc. You simply can't provide immigration advice in Australia if you are not registered. 

If however, the "agent", and I use the term "agent" loosely, operates physically outside Australia, they are beyond the reach of Australian law, so anyone could potentially set up shop and call themselves an agent. In order to try and legitimise their business, they often claim to work in collaboration with Australian RMA's but this is typically untrue or they pay an Australian RMA a commission to "borrow" their RMA status. 

The problem for you, the consumer, is you have zero protection unless you are dealing with the RMA directly. This not only could result in the loss of money, but also visa refusal or worse! 

I have looked at the website and it is very clear that they wish to give the impression they are based in Sydney and Melbourne. It is very clear to me that much of the information is clearly out of date as several of the visa pathways listed are no longer available.

My advice is to tread carefully!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Well put.I

It can be noted that Canada and NZ immigration do not accept applications from unregistered parties, no matter where they are. 

There are too many backhanders on offer for Australia to do likewise.

Yes, it's a real shame Many offshore operators prey on the vulnerable and misrepresent the chances of successfully obtaining an Australian visa.