Bridging Visa A. but no right to work

jayNurse1984

HI there, hope everyone is well. I am In need of some help.

Context - I came to Oz on a tourist visa and by trade and I’m a registered nurse. I got my Nursing license to practice nursing in Australia, and the nursing agency was not ready to lodge sponsorship, which won’t be ready for another 3 months. I applied for a (student visa class 500) and currently on a (bridging visa A) but it came with no working rights. I completed the medical July 11th, 2023. My migrant agent said to just wait for visa grant approval but its been 9 weeks and not to worry. I phoned immigration for assistance, and they said I could apply for a new bridging visa with working conditions, but my migration agent said I cannot apply for working rights? I’m very stressed out as my finances are getting pretty low.

QUESTION 1. How long does it take for student visa 500 grant approval?

QUESTION 2. Can I apply for working rights? And has anyone had any experience?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Jay.

On 19/09/2023 at 02:52, jayNurse1984 said:

HI there, hope everyone is well. I am In need of some help.

Context - I came to Oz on a tourist visa and by trade and I’m a registered nurse. I got my Nursing license to practice nursing in Australia, and the nursing agency was not ready to lodge sponsorship, which won’t be ready for another 3 months. I applied for a (student visa class 500) and currently on a (bridging visa A) but it came with no working rights. I completed the medical July 11th, 2023. My migrant agent said to just wait for visa grant approval but its been 9 weeks and not to worry. I phoned immigration for assistance, and they said I could apply for a new bridging visa with working conditions, but my migration agent said I cannot apply for working rights? I’m very stressed out as my finances are getting pretty low.

QUESTION 1. How long does it take for student visa 500 grant approval?

QUESTION 2. Can I apply for working rights? And has anyone had any experience?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Jay.

Note that even if the student visa is granted, you won't have work rights until the course commences.