601 Visa renewal

EmLew

As with the reply to your other question. No hard and fast rule.
However repeated stays close together will trigger immigration to question your intentions and if you can support yourself without working.  
If you need to spend more time in Australia you really should look at other visas. 

Thanks! 
We are reviewing Visas that are most appropriate for my Mum to join us for the first 2 years as we enter Australia as young professionals - after the 2 years we hope to sponsor her to stay permanently. My Mum would like to visit as much as possible in those 2 years.
🙂

2 hours ago, EmLew said:

Thanks! 
We are reviewing Visas that are most appropriate for my Mum to join us for the first 2 years as we enter Australia as young professionals - after the 2 years we hope to sponsor her to stay permanently. My Mum would like to visit as much as possible in those 2 years.
🙂

How old is your mum?

2 hours ago, EmLew said:

Thanks! 
🙂

You are aware that when you finally apply to sponsor her, there will then be a waiting time of at least 12 years before she gets her permanent visa?  That's assuming they don't tighten up the rules still further and make it even more difficult.

My Mum is 69. Likely 70 years of age by the time we start this process. She is financially secure & willing to pay for private health insurance. She will live with me. 
We are aware of the waiting times & she knows it’s unlikely she will ever become a permanent resident. 
Thank you.
🙂