Reducing shipping costs

Ruth1

There isnt much good news regarding finances lately, but I was contacted last week by a shipping company I had spoke to at the start of my journey to say that shipping costs have come down and they quoted me about £2500 less than my original enquiry about 4 months ago. Looks like container rates are pretty much at prepandemic levels although no doubt the costs for the removals people at either end remain high. Anyone else seeing lower quotes. I had all but decided not to bother shipping my furniture but might think again now..

• Like 1

Don't let the removal guys unpack your chest of drawers, pack it full of socks, t shirts, bed linen.

They will say they have to, because your socks might damage the chest of draws. Then throw a pair of socks at it and examine the damage.

• Haha 2

On 16/03/2023 at 00:12, Ruth1 said:

There isnt much good news regarding finances lately, but I was contacted last week by a shipping company I had spoke to at the start of my journey to say that shipping costs have come down and they quoted me about £2500 less than my original enquiry about 4 months ago. Looks like container rates are pretty much at prepandemic levels although no doubt the costs for the removals people at either end remain high. Anyone else seeing lower quotes. I had all but decided not to bother shipping my furniture but might think again now..

It was about 10 years since I did this so prices will have changed, but the company I used were excellent and very competitive at the time. You can haggle a bit too, once you have a few quotes and you've decided who you'd prefer to go with.

https://www.pssremovals.com/international-removals-cost-calculator