Lack of Qualifications for Skills Assessment

Hey all, 

I had a consultation with a migration expert last week to go over my information just to double check i'm eligable for a skilled worker visa. Established that my occupation (599612 - Insurance Loss Adjuster) qualifies for the 190/491 and i have the experience to do so, the downside is i'm lacking qualifications to get a positive skills assessment. 

VETASSESS shows my occupation as Group D and has 4 different options to get a positive skills assessment; 

https://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/0/Downloads/qualification_assessment/202111 Information Sheet - Insurance Loss Adjuster.pdf?ver=2021-12-01-150143-653

Right now, i'm trying to piece together a 3/4 year plan to make myself eligable to get a positive skills assessment but i'm just struggling understanding the equivilents (Aus - UK) 

I think the best route is option 2. Minimum AQF Certificate IV + 2 years experience (which i believe only count AFTER i get the required qualifications) 

From my understanding, the AQF Certificate IV in UK terms is an NVQ level 3? If not, i'm hoping someone corrects me. 

A little background info, i joined my company in 2014 as a trainee and became qualified in 2017 to which they only last 3 years but kept getting extended due to Covid but to be honest, you don't need any formal qualifications beforehand just a general knowledge of motor vehicles, i just had to sit a 4 day exam to become qualified. I don't believe this 'qualification' amounts to anything to get a positive skills assessment. 

I have a IMI (Insistute of Motor Industry) Level 1 in Motor Vehicle and thats as far as it went so obviously i need to go back and get more qualifications before submitting a skills assessment. 

If the minimum requirement is a AQF Certificate IV which may be a NVQ level 3, if i went back and got a Level 2 and Level 3 in Motor Vehicle through the IMI would that equate to the AQF Certificate IV and then from there i can i get further experience as 'qualified' to get a positive skills assessment. Luckily i can get these via online as i'm currently employed so i can't commit to full time education through the week.

Failing that, on VETASSESS information sheet it shows highly relevant field of study including general insurance, loss adjusting, security, risk management and buisness. I've found a few 'diplomas' in loss adjusting and risk management that i could do online but again, i'm not sure if these qualifications would equate to the same amount of the AQF Certificate IV.

I noticed that VETASSESS offer a document checking service/consutation service over a 30 minute phone call but i'm not sure if they would be able to tell me what courses i have to attend to get the required qualifications. 

If anyone has any knowledge on VETASSESS/AQF's then any help is much appreciated. 

If you had a PAID consultation with a migration agent, then they should have answered all those questions.  You're entitled to go back and ask them.

If you had a freebie consult, then they only give general advice, so you'll need to book a one-off paid consultation with another agent (e.g. Paul) to go through your questions and formulate a plan.  

Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)

U.K. Qualification Level (NVQ & GNVQ)

Certificate I

Certificate II

NVQ 1/GNVQ Foundation

Certificate III

NVQ 2/GNVQ Intermediate

Certificate IV

Diploma

NVQ 3/Higher National Certificate

Advanced Diploma

NVQ 4/Higher National Diploma

Bachelor Degree